Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To be fair I thought we should look at John McCain's record in his first years in the senate equivalent to where Obama is now. Since much of what a person can accomplish in the Senate is determined by seniority looking at what NcCain has done recently is apples and oranges. Unfortunately, I can't find anything on the net. So either no one bothered to keep records or I must conclude he was unproductive.

Anyone else have some info to share?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
To be fair, that would be an honest comparison if McCain were running for president, what, 40 years ago.

·
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Then dump Sarah Palin while you are at it. ;)

But I guess the reason for your response is because you have nothing to offer. You ought to get your dates right. McCain was not even in politics 40 years ago.:crazy:

·
Registered
758 Posts
Thats not his point. His point is that in McCain's first years he didn't spend only a little over a hundred days then start campaigning.

·
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats not his point. His point is that in McCain's first years he didn't spend only a little over a hundred days then start campaigning.

How do we know? No one has presented anything here? All I see are answers that skirt the issue.

Here are all the votes McCain has missed. I don't see him doing much either.

Here are all the votes Obama has missed. Not much different.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Ok, the comparison is supposed to be what was accomplished in their first years. Its known that most "new" to office senators can't get much accomplished because they're new. What Hoop was saying is that when McCain was first elected thay might have been the case because he new but it doesn't matter with Obama because most of his time has been spent running for Prez. Its not a fair comparison. Not the votes missed during this campaign, both are at fault there.

·
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, the comparison is supposed to be what was accomplished in their first years. Its known that most "new" to office senators can't get much accomplished because they're new. What Hoop was saying is that when McCain was first elected thay might have been the case because he new but it doesn't matter with Obama because most of his time has been spent running for Prez. Its not a fair comparison. Not the votes missed during this campaign, both are at fault there.
Then by your logic there are NO grounds to compare McCain's and Obama's Senate records. Remember McCain has run twice for president so he has wasted even more time out of the Senate.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
But I guess the reason for your response is because you have nothing to offer. You ought to get your dates right. McCain was not even in politics 40 years ago.:crazy:
I meant to have put 'at the same point in has career as Obama' before the 40 years comment, which was a joke. Re-reading your post, I see I misinterpreted it and we are saying basically the same thing.

In either context, I don't follow the logic on the Palin comment.

Apparently you've decided I'm 'against you' and you choose to look for the sinister intent of my posts. Good luck with that.

·
0 Posts
Of course you can't find a level comparison between The McCain and Obama. McCain becoming a senator was like the second coming of jesus de cristo. He saved the country like saved the economy now.

·
|m|(^_^)|m|
3,583 Posts
So, obama spends what, 2 years in the US Senate and thinks he's qualified to be President of the US? THAT's and arrogant bastard, not the beer.

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
So, obama spends what, 2 years in the US Senate and thinks he's qualified to be President of the US? THAT's and arrogant bastard, not the beer.
Better a young fresh mind than the failing one of a cancer-ridden 3/4 of a century old senior citizen.. This IS the Black Hole and I'm not well known for being very P/C...

·
Whats Up Doc
2,816 Posts
I can' wait for the election... I hate politics... I agree there are some important things but all the shit that flies around durring the campain.... its not even worth it.... It almost reminds me of the VORTEX lol

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
To be fair I thought we should look at John McCain's record in his first years in the senate equivalent to where Obama is now. Since much of what a person can accomplish in the Senate is determined by seniority looking at what NcCain has done recently is apples and oranges. Unfortunately, I can't find anything on the net. So either no one bothered to keep records or I must conclude he was unproductive.

Anyone else have some info to share?
You didn't really look that hard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_and_Senate_career_of_John_McCain,_1982–2000

Like most politicians early in their Congressional career, he didn't accomplish much by way of significant legislation outside of things that directly benefited his own state - of course this is really common for those elected to the House. Senators tend to accomplish a bit more due historically.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts