Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it looks like the Brullen GB is underway, so i'm just looking for opinions on the brullen exhaust.

how much better is the turbo back vs. catbacl exhaust? anyone have torque/hp curves? and, more importantly, would my car pass smog (here in CA) with a turboback?

also, is there any performance difference between the quiet and loud brullen exhausts?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Assuming you left the cat's intact, I don't see why you would have any problems with passing smog. Obviously you will see better gains with a turbo back. I'm not familiar with the curves of this particular exhaust, so I will let someone else chime in about that. Looks like you're really moving along with your car since that Santa Barbara meet. Do you have any recent pics?

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, here's a fairly recent pic. only external addition after this is the kamei grille.

http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=83283

anyway, i was looking to get the turboback exhaust, which was why i was concerned with smog. the price difference between the catback and turboback is less than $150, so it's definately worth it, provided that the car will pass smog.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Looking good :wink:

Like I said, I don't see why it wouldn't pass smog, but I would wait for someone with more experiance to comment before I made the move.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
D.Passat00

I think that the description that they give is a little unclear.

Cat back: From the clamp connector back

Turbo back: cat back exhaust Plus a larger Down pipe both the exhausts are cat backs just one has the down pipe and the other does not.

If the price difference is so small it would pay to buy the turboback kit but it will be a PITA to swap the down pipe.

I know because I had a heck of a time when I installed my random tech cat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.