Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have a high VIN '00 1.8t and was wondering what the correct notch was for the clip. i have the bilstein sport shocks with the sofsport springs. i think i heard that you're supposed to move it 1 notch down. is that correct?

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
1 notch below neutral will give you a relatively even drop (to the naked eye). If you measure vs just eyeballing it, you will find that 2 notches down actually gives you a flat drop with just a hint of positive rake.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright...for the sofsport springs, which way do they go? with the lettering up or down? or does it matter?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I think they are progressive springs, so the lettering should be facing right side up. Not sure, I have never installed them myself, but I would think that is how it goes.

·
Registered
917 Posts
D.Passat00 said:
well, i looked at this thread, and it said upside down, so i'm gonna follow it. hopefully it doesn't mess up my car
http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=72505&highlight=springs+upside
I looked at that thread. What I got from it was you should go by the shape of the springs, not how the lettering is.

One person reports that in his case the lettering was right-side-up. another reports that with his, the lettering was upside down.

But both people report that the bunched up section of coils should go towards the top.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, they look almost the same, with one side maybe slightly more bunched up(the lettering upside down. any advise from someone who installed neuspeed springs?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts