Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just now notice after a beauitful day for cleanin grease n oil dity ect from under the hood that on my boost gauge line they didnt send me the little connector piece that goes on top of the t-fitting but i mean i must not have paid attention but i just used a differnt type hose for it to go over the little hose . my question is were could i get this little connection anyone know what im talking about: :crazy:

·
Registered
352 Posts
well you have the tubbing that goes to the gauge, and the T-fitting. you can cut the vacum hose that exist (beetween the FPR&manifold) by cutting it in two. what other part are you talking about....?????? :crazy:

AFLredo

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
like the part that goes on the tube it can with to read off of but i had to go by really small hosing then heat it up and slid it other the line they gave me and slid the lil tubing i bout over the t fitting but really they should be a piece that connects the tubing to the t fitting

·
Registered
750 Posts
I think I know what you mean. You have a "T" connector for a normal rubber vacuum hose and it won't mate directly up with the small nylon hose that came with your gauge. You've temporarily used a vacuum line that fits over the "T" and the nylon line to bridge the gap but you're looking for a little brass fitting to hook the nylon to the "T".

Is that what you meant?

I don't have an answer. My solution was to use vacuum line right up to the boost gauge and then do just what you did by sliding the vacuum line over the nylon hose and zip-tying it. I used a little teflon tape between the two lines to help seal things up. Good luck finding the proper fittings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.