Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and im on the Hoen websites would the H7 bulb fit my 99 passat ? i know dumb question i think they would i just want to be sure before i order? :???:

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
I would just go to a auto padts shop and pick up some phillips Blue Vision. I bought them and I love them. They give you a nice white look and are legal :)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Those look nice, looks like the xenonmatch's are the only ones with the 1 year warranty. The titaniums are 70w, I wonder if that would be pushing it?:roll: ...

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
Any thing more then 55 watts and you're gambling. Some have run 6 months or so without any melting/heat problems and some report issues in less then 1 month. I wouldn't take a chance if I were you.

I confirmed it. You need H7s for your Lo beams and 9003s for your Hi beams.

Sylvania Silverstars are a safe choice always for about $25 to $35 for a pair.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Might want to check out European Osram Silver Stars, instead of the American Sylvanias. Although Osram owns Sylvania, the American version of the Silver Star puts very little light on the road, about 1250 lumens. The Osrams put out about 1650. Check out this review
http://www.powerbulbs.com/bulbtest/index.htm
danielsternlighting.com sells these things for $17/bulb.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Xenon Match are NOT for low beams. Use them ONLY for fogs. They will not be bright enough to see anything. If you want to run the Hoen xenon look alike bulbs, the titaniums will run on stock wiring, but the XenonMatch plus will require an upgraded connector for about 20 bucks (they sell it on their site). Run a search for my original thread on the Hoen Lights. It includes pictures. As for the all All Weathers.... I have never used them. Hoen makes quality bulbs. I have had them running for over 6 months now with absolutly no problems other than the melted connector (which I replaced promptly with an upgraded one). Everything is now running fine for the past 2 months or so. The low beams have always been H7 on the passat, but for high's, you will need 9003's I think (you have the old style passat)

·
Registered
236 Posts
You can get H7 H.I.D. on ebay for less than 300 bones. Real...and they rock......8000 kelvin!!!!!!!!

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
Barnacle-Billy said:
Might want to check out European Osram Silver Stars, instead of the American Sylvanias. Although Osram owns Sylvania, the American version of the Silver Star puts very little light on the road, about 1250 lumens. The Osrams put out about 1650. Check out this review
http://www.powerbulbs.com/bulbtest/index.htm
danielsternlighting.com sells these things for $17/bulb.
i have the osram silver stars right now, and they're pretty good. they don't look as good as the sylvania silver stars, IMO, but i'd take performance over looks. just my $.02

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I got nokyas, really bright, white light, look just like hids see a pic on my site http://www.angelfire.com/ill/blinginb5/b5pics next to them, the silverstars on my other car ain't shite! I had some 75W before I had these nokyas (which are 70W) and they didn't burn out my wires, even with all-night trips and I turn on my lights whenever I drive. you can run 100 W with no probs, although that's not recommended.

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
luvmyb5, your link is 404'ing. Would you fix it? I'm interested in checking out the look of those Nokya bulbs. How long have you had them? No blow outs?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
10 Participants
peppy
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing