Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our school hosts concerts twice a year.... it's cheap, about 20 dollars and some pretty cool bands come out. We've seen Shaggy, Save Ferris, Incubus, Jimmy Eat World, Jack Johnson, Jason Mraz..... but last night we went to see Billy Talent, SugarCult, MXPX and Simple Plan. So we walk up to campus, 5 mins away and you have to take into consideration that it was fat tuesday last night and we are in SLO (If you all didn't hear we made the news!)
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/02/22/rowdy.mardigras.ap/index.html
so we didn't expect that many people to go. But it was quite a sight. There were soooooo many teenie boppers! I think we were one of the oldest people there... and we're 22! well besides the parents who were chaperoning.... We just saw some weird things.... I've never been to a "punk/rock" concert but these kids.... 12-17 had their hair in mohawks, this one girl had a piercing on her neck! I never even knew you could do that! getting the 5 on my ears hurt so bad already! but can you imagine on the back of your neck? and girls wearing shirts that said "i hate boy bands" but we were saying...um tonight all the bands are boy bands :crazy: Some 12 year old started bragging about how she was there at noon.... the doors opened at 6 and we got there at 5:45.... kids having their fun I guess?
haha okay i'm rambling... but it was just a "weird" experience..... it was fun and all but going to that concert made us feel "old" and i know i know I'm not.... but as we say in this house.... after 21 it all goes downhill...... this year has been a ROUGH one on us..... do you guys remember a soap opera come true? :sad:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Interesting, it sounds like you were only filled with angst after you attended the punk concert.

That Billy Talent sure sounds like the old punk bands, especially Buzzcocks and SexPistols. So there will probably be bands like this coming out for years and you will have lots of chances to feel upset and old at Punk concerts.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Billy Talent was scary. Them Canadian bands had no idea what Mardi Gras was so when they found out.... they started throwing out bead.... if people flashed them! :shock: This girl in the mosh pit actually flashed the whole place! I just kept thinking about the 6-7 year olds who were there..... geez, i would never take my kid to a punk concert.... or I wouldn't go with them hahaah

and not necessarily OLD..... our whole apartment agreed that it's not like before.... we can hardly even stay up past 2am now.... and the only time we do that is when we're doing hw or studying... if we party till the early morn... the next day is totally wasted.... sleeping :oops:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts