Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feb 29 will be 12 years for us, well 3 if you like to count in leap years.

Any suggestions of what I should do? I have already got the flowers set to deliver on Friday to her work. Will do dinner out.

I am not a very creative guy so I am hoping that CB5 can help me out with some ideas.

Trying to stay in a budget if you know what I mean.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I am not very good at this stuff either.. but I just wanted to congratulate you on it :)

Kevin

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
hrmmmm well u should try to get somebody to help you out with this... but it would be well worth it.. (if u have kids, get them outta the house... if possible(or maybe they can help)) prepare something out of the ordinary for her.. u know, get rose pedals or something, make a path to the bedddddroom ;) ;) candles, rose pedals all over the sheets, romantic setting, bottle of BUBBLY.. and your ready to go :)

oh yea, all this should be done while your at dinner(so shes supprised when she gets home) << thats where somebody helping you comes in handy :D

-Mark-

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
12 years = a dozen long stemmed roses for starters.

I'd probably take her out on a date w/o kids to a bed and breakfast place. We went to Vegas on our 10th Anniv. but we went with her sister and her husband too (their 9th anniversary). Kids stayed with grandma.

We're now going on 16 years (and 22 years since I first met her). What I plan on doing is a 25 year year anniv. of our first DATE; by this time, our oldest will be 16 years old and old enough to take care of the smaller one for a full weekend hopefully. My cobra should be built by then and since it's only a 2 seater, we'll paint the town red! Take her up to the Napa Valley; at that time of the year, some winery's hold special harvest parties so I'll try to plan around a good one. Then it's wine and dine and enjoy music and each other. Will try to get her to do a balloon ride as well. ON the way back, we'll stop off at Pier 39 in San Francisco and reenact our first kiss on the pier. :) And if it rains, even better: we used to have puddle wars together - that'll be fun. I sorta hope it does rain! :)

·
Lisa Simpson
15,044 Posts
Couples day at the spa!

That and something she wants but you are unsure of giving her. Getting my Rabbit last year (mostly birthday, but a bit of anniversary thrown in) was the best gift ever, because it showed how big of a leap of faith he was willing to take for me. :heart: :heart: :heart:

·
Registered
26,009 Posts
You could take her to the GTG on the 28th. Women love it when they are included.

But seriously,if you have not made dinner plans,try out the restaraunt at the top
of Reunion Tower. I took my wife there last year for our 20th. It has moved much
more upscale in the last few years. The food and view are great.
While many give jewelry,I think an unexpected gift is better. It shows you put some
thought into it.
Good luck!
Paul.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all of the suggestions.

I ended up getting a room at the Adolphus Hotel in downtown Dallas. Will be fun and a break from the norm. I will pack her a bag and have some candles and some bubbly ready along with a cd I made a few years ago of our songs.

She has to work for awhile tomorrow but I am going to surprise her with this. Already made plans for my daughter to stay at Grandma's house. Now gotta figure out what to do with the dogs over night.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
VdubTX
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing