Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine is trying to unload a yellow Corrado G60 5-speed that isn't running. It has cheesy aftermarket alloys, the body is fairly straight and free of rust, though the bumpers are scratched up pretty good and the grille and headlights are crooked. Interior is acceptable. Blower is working, as are all power items except for the sunroof. It needs new paint. It mainly needs a new starter and a few other misc. parts. But it needs in his estimate, about $1500-2000 to get it back to running and on the road with new paint.

I'm not in a position to take on a project car, much as I'd like to. That's what the GTI is about to become anyway. Around these parts, Corrados are scarce and I don't want to see this car end up in the wrong hands where it would be junked or parted within a year. I want to see it back on the road, as does the current owner, but I'm not the guy to do that at this time. So what will it take to do this?:

1) Buy the Corrado (he will have it towed to my residence)
2) Re-sell it here, on the Vortex, eBay or AutoTrader (free to $50 or so)

Does he just hand me the title to a car like this when I hand him a check? Simple as that? And then I give the title to the new owner in a few more weeks? I'm hoping I can at least make a few hundred bucks off the deal anyway. Does this sound like it's worth it? What if I can get it for $800? He NEEDS it gone Thursday.

·
Lisa Simpson
15,043 Posts
$800 is probably worth it. Pray the blower is really good. That is a $1K job if you don't want to do it yourself.

The sunroof is a PITA but doable. You could drop the $$ and turn it for a small profit. A few hundred is definitely reasonable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.