Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOMEONE STOLE MY BRAND NEW STEREO!!!! They broke my window and got in my car and stole my 4 day old Alpine deck. I am so pissed off right now..I jus wanna beat the shit out of someone. And to make it worse I left my wallet in my car and that got stolen to. Luckly I didnt have any cash, but they had my gas card for a few hours but didnt use it before I cancelled it. So I went to EG VW and its gonna be like $350 to fix the window and the weather stripping on my car. What kind of people would do this???

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jus finished talking with the insurence, they said I have to pay for the first $500, but they will pick up the rest. I am gonna see if I can put some of the blame on school security.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Those MOTHER BITCHES!!!

Its because of times like that I'm glad I wired a piezo siren in my center console just in case of something like this happens. I call it my shit siren because when someone removes my radio and sets it off they are going to shit their pants!

Just get a siren and wire the 12v from the siren to constant, some place other then the radio. Then take ground from the siren and wire it to 87a, 85 to 12v, 86 to ground on the radio chassis, and 30 to ground again. Very simple and it'll cost less then $15 bucks. I also backstrapped my radio too just to make them work for it. I had a friend of mine which is another installer try to pull my radio and that siren scared the piss out of him. I hope to god if some strung out drug addict breaks into my car that the siren will put him into a seizure. Sorry for sounding pissed but I share your frustration.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have a $500 detuctable, no matter what happened.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea, the security thing pisses me off. They have 8 campus patrolers and 2 city cops their. :thumbdow: WTF were they doing while car alarms are going off in the parking lot :mad: :mad: ??? total bullshit... :mad:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
If your deductable is $500 and the window is less than $400 why turn it in? That is unless they are covering a new stereo for you. I know in most cases unless you put the aftermarket equipement on your policy they won't cover it.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got a call today from the police station and they arrested 3 people last night who had car audio in their possesion. I gave them the serial # for my radio, so I hope it matches. If not, insurence will cover the price of a new radio.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Paul, I would have you put the window in, but thier is damage to the weathstripping around the window and their is a lot of scrahes on the roof and the door from the broken glass.

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
EGdrummer05 said:
Yea, the security thing pisses me off. They have 8 campus patrolers and 2 city cops their. :thumbdow: WTF were they doing while car alarms are going off in the parking lot :mad: :mad: ??? total bullshit... :mad:
CSUS???

On a more positive note, I jsut purchased a slightly used alpine deck with a Passat harness already on it for next to nothing from some dude on Mack Rd!

Bad joke....this does suck dude.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Postman said:
EGdrummer05 said:
CSUS???

On a more positive note, I jsut purchased a slightly used alpine deck with a Passat harness already on it for next to nothing from some dude on Mack Rd!

Bad joke....this does suck dude.

That was wrooooooong. But funny.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Way to be funny mr postman. If I dont here back from the cops by thurs., I'm gonna go have the stereo shop put in a new deck.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It wasnt sac state, it was at sheldon h.s. I am having the window fixed at lasher VW, and I am doing all of my stereo work done at Audio Xpress. It's located in Laguna across from Target and Borders.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
NEVER NEVER NEVER go to the $1 rip off. Go to Paradyme on Fulton Ave. and talk to Jon or Dave and tell them I (Paul Vina) sent you to them for a hook up (I used to work there). Get all the parts you need (harness and antenna adapter) and I'll do the install for you, free even.

Paul :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.