Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And start to browse the paper online as usual and come accross this...

Several injured in rollover SUV crash

So 2 adults and 6 young kids and not one is properly restrained. I hope whatever charges pending stick and then get some more because these folks don't deserve to be parents :mad:

·
what the heck is an echo of gecko anyways...
1,960 Posts
Yea, that's really disturbing. How could anyone place such little value on the lives of their children.

I was following behind a Mercedes a couple years ago and their young kit was laying on the PARCEL SHELF in the rear window. They had to stop suddenly, and the kid flew into the seat. He was laughing, but the parents didn't even bat an eye. I really wish I would have said something to the douche bag.

·
Registered
649 Posts
This type of stuff blows my mind... It is one thing to risk your own life (go ahead) but it is another to risk those of your children who you have a moral responsibility to protect as best you can....
Irresponsible...

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
geeze. i dont even realize putting my seatbelt on when i get in my car. It became such a habit i just do it without thinking.

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
I see this EVERYDAY and it blows my mind (especially as a father of 4).

Kids unbuckled...in front (with newer cars with front airbags)......just nuts.

There was not 1 time that my kids were driven around unbuckled, it has become a habit for them to get in the seat and buckle up. At times we forget to check them or buckle them and they ALWAYS remind us to do so........Im proud of them when it comes to that. :lol:

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
When I was a kid we used to stand on the back seat of the station wagon and lean over the front seats to watch my dad drive. There were even times when we handed beers from the cooler in the back to the front seats.

Times have sure changed. I freak out if my kids seatbelt is not on at the correct angle.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I thought you would have said "my prayers go out to them" or maybe they'll use heir seatbelts from now on. But wishing further prosecution... hat is what really needs to happen. We'll all be safer w/ these vandals locked behind bars and their child in the custody of the state. Well said my friend. well said.

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,982 Posts
Why pray for the safety of idiots? The children (most of them) are too young to know what's best for them and it's up to the parents to set an example. When the parents act in an irresponsible fashion and it directly places the safety and security of the children at risk, then they damned well ought to face serious charges.

A guy in WPB was charged with endangerment for simply speeding through a consturction zone (clocked doing 103 in a 55) - and the state was considering charges of child abuse. I feel that not restraining the kids in the SUV is far worse than this and should easily qualify as abuse.

Child abuse is a second-degree felony and carries a max. sentence of 15 years (that may vary by state). With six minors in the car, that's a potential of 90 years in jail. While it'll never happen that way, I say charge mom with 6 counts of abuse and dad (as a passenger) with six counts of endangerment.

As a parent it is incumbent upon a person to teach their children. In this case, the failure to teach basic safety led directly to bodliy harm and injury. :banghead:

Case closed.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Although my wanton hatred of big brother will not like this I have to agree with traubenberg. It is the parent’s job to teach and protect their children if there is a lack of protection from the parents something should be done or said, I don't know what that is but it should be said. As for the parents they know the risks of driving without a seatbelt so if they don't and they die then that is ok with me the government has no say in it. I have to say a prayer for the kids thou who had nothing to do with the parents lack of protection.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts