Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the car beeps when the gas is low. Turn the engine off and on again, and it beeps again. beeps when it gets below 40°F. beeps when trunk is open. anyway to disable all these annoying beeps?

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, but does it have to beep every time? i mean, it beeped on me 5 times today just for low fuel.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Still getting used to my 2004 Passat and the beep that seems the most superfluous to me is the "Shift lock engaged" beep. So, I pull up to a stop somewhere (at the Drive thru fast food or ATM or whatever) and I put it in Park and the thing keeps beeping at me periodically. Why? So I know that I have to use the brake to get into gear. SO WHAT??? Of course I have to use the break.... and I'd figure it out pretty quick even if I didn't know it at first. Why do I need the constant pre-warning? Ok... I can chill now. :mad:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I have to admit... I don't mind some of the beeps.. .for low fuel or something. But honestly... I don't need a blaring siren to tell me that I have my door open while I am changing a fuse, (They so conviently placed the speaker for that thing right next to the fuse panel too :roll:), or drying my car with the doors open to listen to music. Some things... ugh... oh well :crazy:

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
jweaks said:
Still getting used to my 2004 Passat and the beep that seems the most superfluous to me is the "Shift lock engaged" beep. So, I pull up to a stop somewhere (at the Drive thru fast food or ATM or whatever) and I put it in Park and the thing keeps beeping at me periodically. Why? So I know that I have to use the brake to get into gear. SO WHAT??? Of course I have to use the break.... and I'd figure it out pretty quick even if I didn't know it at first. Why do I need the constant pre-warning? Ok... I can chill now. :mad:
This is a new one on me. They've added a new beep!!!! Group buy? New mod? J/K!!! :lol:

My '03 doesn't beep under those circumstances. And mine doesn't beep when I have the doors open to dry the car while I'm listening to tunes (well, at least if the key's not in the ignition).

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
jweaks said:
I haven't noticed this one (2004 GLX). Are you sure it isnt for something else, like the seatbelt?

·
Registered
81 Posts
gig103 said:
I haven't noticed this one (2004 GLX). Are you sure it isnt for something else, like the seatbelt?
Well, wife is out with the car (2004 GL Wagon) right now so can't test it. But I'm pretty sure I've not been imagining it... particularly because the beep stops when I press on the brake. The reason behind it all is that once you put the car in park, you have a few seconds before the "Shift Lock" engages, so you don't have to use the brake yet. Is that new in '04? :? So, the beep comes on after a bit, telling you it's now engaged.
I'll double check later today. :suspicio:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
crash893
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing