Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
The only VW dealership out here that even gives a damn is Neftin Westlake. I have gone to Livingston, the guy didn't even know how to scan for codes :-\ ("We don't have the capability to do that" "Really? What is this port for then..... :roll:)

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VWPassatGLX155 said:
The only VW dealership out here that even gives a damn is Neftin Westlake. I have gone to Livingston, the guy didn't even know how to scan for codes :-\ ("We don't have the capability to do that" "Really? What is this port for then..... :roll:)
why not bring in your vag-com and show him :p

anyway, i've heard good things about capistrano vw, but that's a fairly hefty drive. i might check out neftin.

also, is there a good place to do shocks/springs in LA that will do it on saturday? i checked with greedspeed, and they wanna charge $250 + there's a 2 month lead time for saturday work

:(

·
Registered
43 Posts
VWPassatGLX155 said:
I find Livingston to be very questionable. They wanted to charge me to replace a dead coil pack, even though I was within warranty and had the letter from VW in hand.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Downtown LA motors is the worst! Its the one with the big Felix cat on it. Stay far away. Transocean in Pasadena sucks too, if the computer can't find the problem, then to them, there is no problem. Stay away from them too.

New Century in Glendale is a bit better. Make an appointment in advance, and when sitting with the service rep, be sure he understands your issues. I find this dealer to be a little bit better and solving things the first or second time.

Otherwise, Valencia is good too.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Try Timmons in Long Beach

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Capistrano VW. Mod friendly? Probably - they deal w/ ClubB5ers, including some of the ancesters of this club. It's not THAT far away really.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
The guy I deal with at Neftin pretty much told me "Don't tell him about anything I have done to my car" which I guess is kinda don't ask don't tell... livingston is moronic though. I can't say there is any reason I would ever bring my car there. I have never heard of Capistrano other than on CB5, so I don't know where they are, but I tend to keep my treks below 30 minutes to the dealership... then again I try to limit my dealer visits entirely :wink:

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
VWPassatGLX155 said:
The guy I deal with at Neftin pretty much told me "Don't tell him about anything I have done to my car" which I guess is kinda don't ask don't tell... livingston is moronic though. I can't say there is any reason I would ever bring my car there. I have never heard of Capistrano other than on CB5, so I don't know where they are, but I tend to keep my treks below 30 minutes to the dealership... then again I try to limit my dealer visits entirely :wink:
they're in san juan capistrano, about 80 miles south of where we live.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Agh... too far for me, I wouldn't want to bring my car all the way there just for a few perks... I rarely visit the dealer anyway.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Ronbo...they did the same with me...Had the letter for the coilpacks and still insisted it is not covered. A couple weeks later I went back and being on the phone with VWA they finally changed it. They are the worst to do any work.

They overfilled my oil. They couldnt dia my car on 3 occasions for my rear window issue, and I am stuck to fixing it myself cuz they lapsed the warranty on it.

Van Nuys is not bad, but Neftin is better.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
VWPassatGLX155 said:
Agh... too far for me, I wouldn't want to bring my car all the way there just for a few perks... I rarely visit the dealer anyway.
true, but i need to get some work fixed under warranty, and i don't wanna have my car sitting there for 2 weeks for something that would take an hour to do. plus, i'd rather go to a fair and reliable place because a) they can fix the problem b)do so in a timely manner c) don't charge me an arm and a leg.

i bought my car from Van Nuys, but a few things make me wonder: they told me an '00 B5 had 170 HP, even though i didn't ask. secondly, i asked them to do some touch up paint on the back, which they did, but the color didn't match. it honestly looked like they used white out and just dabbed it on there. thirdly, one tire was down to 7 PSI and substantial dents in the side wall. also, the tires weren't the same. :nervous: fourthly, one of the brake lights was out. fifthly, the passenger's side mirror doesn't work. sixthly, the window rattles, and there is creaking from the dash.i wouldn't be too picky if this wasn't CPO. how the heck did it pass their inspection in that condition? :mad:

next time, even if i buy a CPO, i've gotta give it a thorough inspection.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I don't know, I haven't been to Van Nuys, my friend got his 03 Jetta 2.0 there, and they gave him a pretty good deal on it. He insists on servicing it at Livingston, dispite their horrible treatment. I would take it to Neftin, they have always treated me right there, and it is a short hop on the 101, vs an hour and a half trek.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
11 Participants
VWPassatGLX155
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing