Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,490 Posts
I’ll keep that in mind. Probably need to replace every mount on the engine and transmission.
I would say that'd be a fair assessment. Luckily, none of them are too complicated. Most just need propping up of the engine and/or trans to replace with basic wrenches.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I would say that'd be a fair assessment. Luckily, none of them are too complicated. Most just need propping up of the engine and/or trans to replace with basic wrenches.
Although I found that lifting the engine a few inches and replacing motor mounts is a better method that just dropping the motor mount brackets.
The second method will likely result in throwing off the alignment.
Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,490 Posts
Although I found that lifting the engine a few inches and replacing motor mounts is a better method that just dropping the motor mount brackets.
The second method will likely result in throwing off the alignment.
Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I raise it a little with a jack. Shouldn"t be any alignment issues with motor mounts.

·
Registered
27,371 Posts
It came with the motor I swapped in. I hated it and removed it shortly after the swap. I worked at 2am and driving out of the neighborhood at 1:30am with the constant noise bugged me. I was not even in boost, just every time you release the throttle, it made noise.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts