Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In between some landscaping/gardening, I was cleaning up my work bench yet again. This time an old bag of valvetrain goodies; old springs were tossed. I have a bunch of valve retainers if anyone is interested, and an incomplete set of push rods of unknown straightness! :D

While I was looking at the push rods, I got this hair up my ass to polish one. I had my drill press powered up so I put it in the chuck and got a scotch-brite pad... OOOOH.... SHINY!

Big deal; but hmmm, I did want to extend my turn signal "toggle switch" with some kinds of lever to make it eaiser to reach while keeping my hands on the wheel... thus with a little cutting here, a little drilling there, and a touch of a gridning stone on the toggle bat, I have:

I have not clue if I'll keep this but it was kinda on a whim and figured what the hell! :D
(oddly, it's rather phallic looking don't you think!)

· Registered
1,412 Posts
wow, is that how the turn signal works for the FFRs- a toggle switch on the dash? I wonder if that's DOT approved... ;)

btw, my buddy up in fremont is building one of those beasts, i'll bet you know him from the forums...

· Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, they do not provide a signal stalk since the steering is a simple rod extending down into a universal joint. There are people on the forum that sell retro fit VW turnsignals but I don't feel like spending over $100 for something that works just as well for abour $2-3. :D

There a a few guy's in Fremont; one guy that just comleted his is Robert Lewis in a cooper colored FFR and we've met a few times already and going down to Los Angeles together for the FFR gathering at Huntington Beach pier! Should be a lot of fun!

· Registered
313 Posts
Yes, they do not provide a signal stalk since the steering is a simple rod extending down into a universal joint. QUOTE]

I'm using the 2-3$ switch as well on my FFR. After mine goes through the DMV inspection process I am going to start looking into retrofitting a gd turnsignal switch. however I spoke with somebody who said the VW switch was a waste of money. The refered to it as an expensive POS.

Everyone keeps asking me when my FFR will be done... I simply answer, NEVER!

· Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You got that right. A year after mine was "finished" I've spent probably another $1,000this year alone:

Wilson Manifold 1" tapered spacer
Russell's fuel log
XRP liquid filled fuel pressure mounted at the end of the fuel log.
Car Cover
2 cup holders in the tunnel
The materials for the new radiator bracket.
Chromed both roll bars
4 custom spinners for the wheels

The bulk of the money was the roll bars ( $591! )
Next was the car cover at about $180. Everything else just nickle and dimed me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.