Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let me know what you guys think... from the way i see things, the back needs to go a tad bit lower to match the front, obviously the lowers will be repainted soon, exhaust needs some polishin, and i need corners!!! if you have any clear corners you wanna get rid of let me know. other wise enjoy the pic's guys and give me some feedback.

thanks, and enjoy.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Looks great, amazing, are those 18's replicas?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Looks great! I like the fogs, they look much better than the originals IMO.
You might want to loose the Audi wheel centercaps though. :thumbup:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was going to put the Veedub center caps on... but it just didnt "flow" right. i dont know i didnt look good to me. so i stuck with the Audi ones. i like 'em like that. :thumbup: and yes they are repro's. but no compaints here!

-Ricker

·
Registered
665 Posts
Super Duper :thumbup: , Looks Nice, better in person. Did you Contract the three fat [email protected]*ches to lower the back? I think it looks fine the way it is now. You've seen my rake . so I would leave it the way it is. Buts thats my opinion.

·
Registered
237 Posts
What year is that?? I like the wheels, but not the caps. The tires look pretty nice too. I don't think you need to go any lower. What I really like are the fog lights. How, where, did you get them??? I would LOVE to get some fogs on my 99, but I didn't think it was possible without custom fabrication. Did you hook them up through a euroswitch??

Jonathan

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dj_aero said:
What suspension are you running with the RS4's I like the drop with those wheels. They are 18's right?
i am running H&R sport springs with Bilstein sport shocks. and yes they are 18x8.5 with a 30mm offset. and 4 diffrent sets of wheel locks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

-Ricker

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jjasper13 said:
What year is that?? I like the wheels, but not the caps. The tires look pretty nice too. I don't think you need to go any lower. What I really like are the fog lights. How, where, did you get them??? I would LOVE to get some fogs on my 99, but I didn't think it was possible without custom fabrication. Did you hook them up through a euroswitch??

Jonathan
my car is a '98 equipped with the ever so desired and potent AEB head :lol: . i like the caps so they're stayin like that...haha... and ya i plan on de-badging the rear veedub sign too :D .

as for the fog lights i told another cb5'er the situation. i have a friend up in Atlanta ( i live in miami) and he is a US rep for Hella. they sent him a few sets of these lights for fitment and that sort of thing. he asked me to try 'em out, and so i did. they turned out great! they fit perfect and work pretty well. problem is many people are thinking these are fog lights. these are not foglights, they are DTRL's (day time running lights). though i plan on changing that soon :D . i wanna see if i put a higher wattage bulb in there and run an external switch to them so i can use them as fogs. fitment was a breeze. only modifications needed were to cut ur stock grills in order for the replacement grills the kit comes with to fit and drill two holes (one on either side of the actual bumper cover for each light) goes on in about 3 hours (counting countless cans of "brisk" hahaha :lol: ). they look good and even better cause i got them free solely for fitment purposes and all that. i know a few guys on here are gettin them thru ebay and stuff. my tip is this, if you get 'em, when you install 'em take ur time. make sure you cut right and drill right, its not rocket science, but you dont wanna have to spend double and buy another bumper cover!

if you would like some pic's of the install and the cuttin i had to do for install on the lights PM me with an emial add. and ill shoop 'em ur way.

-Ricker

·
Registered
665 Posts
More Bling Bling :D

·
Registered
454 Posts
Looks great. I love the wheels! :thumbup:
Have you had any rubbing inside your wheel wells with the wider tires?
How's the ride with the H&R sport springs and Bilstein sport shocks compared to stock?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
vwfool2000 said:
Looks great. I love the wheels! :thumbup:
Have you had any rubbing inside your wheel wells with the wider tires?
How's the ride with the H&R sport springs and Bilstein sport shocks compared to stock?
No rubbing unless you hit a serious SERIOUS pot hole. as far as the ride with the suspension set up i have, its great. its no where near as soft and smooth as stock, obviously. but i mean you cant expect to drop the car and not have a harsher ride. it is more of an aggresive feeling. but not as aggresive as coilovers or such. i have no complaits at all!

-Ricker

·
Registered
454 Posts
Thanks for the insite on the drop.
Do you mind if I ask where you got your replicas and how much $$$.
I'm looking to do something similar but as afraid that the RS4's are out of my reach.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Are they really an offset of 30mm and not 35mm?
What size tire do you have?
I was told that offset wouldn't work on a B5.5.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
vwfool2000 said:
Thanks for the insite on the drop.
Do you mind if I ask where you got your replicas and how much $$$.
I'm looking to do something similar but as afraid that the RS4's are out of my reach.
i got them at High Line wheels. local place down here, but they sell on their site as well.... www.highlinewheels.com i paid $650 cash... hooked up. but they sell for like $750-800. or so they tell me.

-Ricker

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
17 Participants
HKPassat
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing