Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quit smoking 3 week's ago woooooohooooooooooooo
BUT I'M FREAKIN JONESING!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
congrats on 3 weeks. quitting is the best thing you can do. and you've done the hardest part.

Hang in there! Go get some gum or candy. and drink water. and remember, the craving will go away.
:poke: :lol:
good luck :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
This guy at work always had those peppermint candies with him... you know the white ones with the red swirls... he said it worked whenever he wanted to smoke... give it a try! and keep up the good work! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
baisee00 said:
This guy at work always had those peppermint candies with him... you know the white ones with the red swirls... he said it worked whenever he wanted to smoke... give it a try! and keep up the good work! :thumbup:
LOL. Support your Dentist and Dental Hygenist at the same time.

I am an ex-smoker myself and we all know it is not easy. Hang in there and you'll be glad you did. Evrytime you get the craving, think of all the negative things you get from smoking. Breathe in deeply and exhale and tell yourself you are getting healthy each day that you don't light up. FWIW, I actually lost 12 lbs. when I quit smoking.

·
Registered
457 Posts
AWESOME, I was in Europe in the fall and eveyone smokes everywhere. When I was in college, I left to go snowboarding for the weekend and my roommate burned down our house with a cigarette. No one got hurt, but all my stuff got burned. Fire Inspector said he flicked a smoke on a futon. :thumbdow:

That was a real mess. Made the cover of the school paper.

http://www.kaimin.org/April02/4-9-02/index_4-9-02.html

·
Lisa Simpson
15,043 Posts
I quit 15 years ago, still think about it from time to time (like now, drat you!). But you will get over it.

Peppermints are great, I personally recommend the big Lifesavers in the blue bag. Steven will tell youthat I am currently addicted to them. ;) We always have them around - peppermint oil is a muscle relaxant. Good stuff!

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
i'm a month away from being smoke free for a whole year.

we have cancer in our family
my uncle got lung cancer early last year.
HE NEVER SMOKED IN HIS LIFE :eek:h:
The post surgery & kemo is brutal. its very tough to watch someone u love go through it.
That is all the motivation i needed.

stay strong brother :)

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
I am thinking of starting to smoke.

People at my work get like 4 to 8 smoke breaks about 15 minutes a pop.
They spend an hour or two doing nothing. I want to be like that.

Oh wait, I am on the internet. :lol:

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Congrats! Focus on the child. If you need a secondary focus, okay, let's do the numbers!

$3.00 a pack x 1 pack a day x 365 = $1,095.

1.5 packs a day = $1,642.

2 packs a day = $2,190.

That's some nice mod money!

My Dad smoked. Quitting, without a doubt, lengthened his life considerably.

YOU CAN DO IT! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Good job! Keep up the good work.

Here's my take on smoking:

It STINKS AND IT BLOWS!! Smells nasty and tastes nasty. It irritates others who don't smoke, espeically if the wind carries the smoke and blows it in their face. 2nd hand smoke dries up my lungs, my throat, my mouth, my nose, and my eyes. It's disgusting. It's cancer causing. It's a waste of money. It's a waste of time. It's a waste of a smoker's life.

yes... despite all these negatives about smoking...

WHY ON EARTH DO I STILL SEE PEOPLE SMOKE? ESPECIALLY the young people?!?! I don't get it. They're killing themselves. :crazy: :crazy: :suspicio: :weirdo: :p

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
Altair 4 said:
Congrats! Focus on the child. If you need a secondary focus, okay, let's do the numbers!

$3.00 a pack x 1 pack a day x 365 = $1,095.

1.5 packs a day = $1,642.

2 packs a day = $2,190.

That's some nice mod money!

My Dad smoked. Quitting, without a doubt, lengthened his life considerably.

YOU CAN DO IT! :thumbup:
I read an article and it siad packs in the NYC are like $7.50 each that is crazy

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
OneGuyInCA said:
Good job! Keep up the good work.

Here's my take on smoking:

It STINKS AND IT BLOWS!! Smells nasty and tastes nasty. It irritates others who don't smoke, espeically if the wind carries the smoke and blows it in their face. 2nd hand smoke dries up my lungs, my throat, my mouth, my nose, and my eyes. It's disgusting. It's cancer causing. It's a waste of money. It's a waste of time. It's a waste of a smoker's life.

yes... despite all these negatives about smoking...

WHY ON EARTH DO I STILL SEE PEOPLE SMOKE? ESPECIALLY the young people?!?! I don't get it. They're killing themselves. :crazy: :crazy: :suspicio: :weirdo: :p
This is the one reason I smoke! I love making people whine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts