Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after having these dam mirrors sitting around within my car, garage, basement, and room for 13 months I finally got around to doing the install a couple of weeks ago.

Basiclly the only difference is that the Skoda mirrors have puddle lights that are leds (total of 6 in each mirror) and activate any time you deactivate the alarm, pull the key from the ignition or open a door. (this is the way I have them working)

Although not the greatest quality here are a some pictures,

[imghttp://b5.elitedubs.com/flippped/Skoda%20Mirror%20Window%20Defuser%20016%20(Medium).jpg][/img]

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
VERY NICE!!! are they easy to install??? how about the wiring up for the puddle lights to go on???

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
B5veedub said:
VERY NICE!!! are they easy to install??? how about the wiring up for the puddle lights to go on???
OK this is the deal unfortunately the Skoda mirrors I purchased (I bought the complete mirror housings for driver and passenger sides) weren't equipped with the mirror folding motor so I had to mix and match parts in order to get them to work with my mirrors.

Now as for the install its not complicated at all the hardest part for me was to figure out how to get them to operate according the alarm deactivating and activating. This took the longest to figure out but I eventually got it. As for wiring I first removed the door panels and the tweeters afterwards I ran the wiring through the door into the car up the pillar all the way to the overhead console. this is where I connected the positive and negative wires accordingly. Be advised if you just connect these the power line they will stay on indefinitely so you need to find the negative power wire or your battery will die.

The Swami said:

DAMN....DAMN....DAMN....

Part numbers please, because that looks tight!!!
Will, I purchased the entire mirror housing from Dirk (Airwalk) last year so I am not sure of the part numbers. However, there was a member from Russia who did this as well and think he posted the parts. Let me take a look and see if I can find them. :wink:

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
julianfang said:
you guys should see his wheel wells. You could eat off of them... :)
Your just jealous cause after two years they still look brand new. :p :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I was going to ask Nenad for this. But now, you, with the silver W8 Tiptronic, with 18" BBS CH's, take my ingenious idea and beat me to it. You stole all of my mods! The InPro's, the CH's, the M3 spoiler, the Skoda underlighting... YOU CAN'T BEAT ME TO THE SC THOUGH! :lol: :p

Aah, well, we're all brothers in this world of few W8's. :thumbup:

·
Registered
282 Posts
That looks great. How did you change the mirrors? Could you post pics? I just got new mirrors and I need some help on how to install them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I<3myW8 said:
YOU CAN'T BEAT ME TO THE SC THOUGH! :lol: :p

:suspicio: Think you might be a bit late on this as well. :shock:

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
lsnoopyq20012001 said:
That looks great. How did you change the mirrors? Could you post pics? I just got new mirrors and I need some help on how to install them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)
are u talking about the chrome mirrors or the skoda mirrors?

if u mean the chrome mirrors jwil has a pretty simple write up in his profile in the ''usa east'' forum.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Flippped said:
I<3myW8 said:
YOU CAN'T BEAT ME TO THE SC THOUGH! :lol: :p

:suspicio: Think you might be a bit late on this as well. :shock:
I have even more information...hehehe.

Anyway Larry, you work quick bro - was just on the phone talking to you about this wasn't I??? Looks good man! Also, tomorrow may be bad to meet up - long story!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Flippped said:
Well after having these dam mirrors sitting around within my car, garage, basement, and room for 13 months I finally got around to doing the install a couple of weeks ago.

Basiclly the only difference is that the Skoda mirrors have puddle lights that are leds (total of 6 in each mirror) and activate any time you deactivate the alarm, pull the key from the ignition or open a door. (this is the way I have them working)
Well some a**hole damaged my passenger side mirror while passing me from the passenger side, i used crazy glue to fix it, but thinking about replacing it. Since I was born in europe and still have a lot of friends there I could probably get a pair of these skoda mirrors, but I'm not sure if they would fit on my 99 1.8T B5. They look nice on yours. What model U installed them on? By the way I'm in brooklyn too, greenpoint area.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.