Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a cable i can buy so the clarity will be perfect for the sport tuner reciever. can anyone post pictures of there setups.. thanks

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,302 Posts
Umm gee, how is it installed, what radio? Stock or aftermarket? There's a reason it hasn't been answered. Always try to post as much info about the system as possible.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it the sirrus sportster and its installed with the car kit that sirrus sell to the monsoon oem head unit

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the monsoon sytem is recieving the radio signal via the fm modulator from the sirrus tunner. but when i tune my radio to the corresponding fm station it comes in staticy.. no matter if i change the stations.. when i turn my defrosters on it really becomes staticy..

is there a cable at a reasonable price i can purchase to directly connect the sirrus to the head unit.... or some other remedy..

also any mounting suggestion would be appreciated...

thanks again....

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,302 Posts
Did you use the troubleshooting section of the manual? Did you try other frequencies and confirm that the modulator is hooked up correctly? Whi installed it?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yup did all that stuff still not clear like it should be... i have a stubby ant is that y.... just a thought

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have my sirius radio connected to my Monsoon radio via a blitzsafe adapter that provides a direct line in connection from the cd changer input on the back of the head unit. In my other vehicle I used an audiovox SATSWB, it is a switch box that goes inline with your antenna and pipes the sirius fm modulator frequency directly into your radio while simply disconnecting your external antenna while your sirius radio is powered up. It is really a slick way of improving the function of the FM modulator. google SATSWB and check it out

·
Registered
188 Posts
Go to sirius.com. They have a section for telling you the best possible frequency for your area. You just punch in your zip code and it tells you the most open frequency to tune into. It worked for me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
BlitzSafe works perfectly.

You just have to pull the radio, connect the unit per the BlitzSafe instructions, put the radio back in, and plug the feed into the output jack from the Sirius base.

Ten to thirty minutes. Easy install.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts