Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Sirius unit that I intend to mount in the rear of my Variant at the changer location. I plan on using the Blitzsafe VW/AUX DMX V.3A adapter for the RCA ins, but I have questions on power connections.

The unit calls for connections of switched and constant power. Where would be the best place to tap in the rear of the car. I do have 2 power ports in the cargo area, but they are both constant.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

D.

'02 Variant

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would like to tap into the Changer wiring harness (all the connections are fused) if possible.

Also, I'm not sure why they want switched power, I would like to use the Sat. radio even when the ignition was off. Like when you power on the stock HU.

I'm trying to keep the wire runs as short as possible. I already have to pull the console for the controller unit and I have to hardwire the radar detector.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
You need a switched power source because if you didn't have one you'd have to manually turn thr XM receiver on and off every time you got in or out of the car. Forget to do it and your battery is dead.

Paul :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts