Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, so my father has a B6 2007 2L and now the problem occurred that while driving the hazard lights start turning on randomly. Doesn't matter if youre accelerating or slowing down or just driving or just standing still and the egnition is off, they randomly decide to do that. Now we've taken it to electrician and he said the fuse box was a complete mess and so he has cleaned it and removed something in relation with GPS (can't really remember what it was) that he said was causing a short. But now that I've driven the car back I've seen that the problem has not gone away. Now the thing that I've noticed is that the hood sensor keeps lighting up while driving as if its open so my thought is that maybe the hood sensor is indicating that there's a crash or something? But the hazard lights keep turning on while the car is off completely and that feels weird. Plus while list disconnecting the battery for the night not to drain it I've noticed that when the hood is up the hazard lights keep turning on and off on and off randomly.

I'm sure the electrician will fix this issue (hopefully) tomorrow but I would like to know for my own future learning curve what sort of electronic short or malfunction can be causing this kind of behavior?

·
Moderator/Administrator
26,294 Posts
if you had one more post which takes only a few seconds, you could post in the correct forum. It does sound like a hood switch problem, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.