Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was using H&R sport springs with stock shocks, I think it’s still too high, then I changed to Bilstein PSS9 coilover kit.

The front setting is excellent in stiffness and height but problem is at rear.

I don’t like the stiffness of the Bilstein coilover rear springs which is too stiff for me and my passengers but I like their lowered height.

So I changed the rear back to H&R springs with the Bilstein coilover rear shocks

Now, I don’t like the height of the H&R rear springs which is too high but I like the stiffness.

Anyone have simple solution for me to lower the rear?
Hey, please don't tell me to ask more passengers to sit, or to put more heavy objects at the rear or even to cut the springs. :)

I heard that there is something called spring disc which replaces the stock thick rubber below the rear springs. It can lower the rear height 5-10mm.
But I couldn’t find it. :sad:

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
why don't you just totally remove the rear lower rubber pad that the springs sit on. just wrap the springs with something durable to prevent any squeeking from the metal to metal contact

·
Registered
190 Posts
schmove said:
why don't you just totally remove the rear lower rubber pad that the springs sit on. just wrap the springs with something durable to prevent any squeeking from the metal to metal contact
I've got the same problem with rear wheel gap, (eibach pro-kit)I replaced my stock shocks with Bilstiens and the rear now looks higher !! Anybody tried "Schmove's" recommendation ??? :???:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts