Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think ive heard of something like this being done before but im not 100%
but my question is that if there is any way to get the tail lights from a b5 variant to fit on a b5.5 sedan without major body work
THIS

ON THIS

haha well now that i look at it i feel like a dumbass for asking but you never know...

·
Registered
58 Posts
well it seems the B5 lights wrap around the sides alot more than the 5.5's
also u would have to fill in the spot above the lights about even with the trunk lid it looks like....

i wouldnt do it......well except maybe in photoshop

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
Assuming they line up correctly on the trunk side (which is still doubtful) that would still require you to hack out your rear quarter panels to accomidate for the taillights wrapping around. Then you would have to mold and fill the portion above the taillights (again assuming relative dimensions are the same and they actually FIT and dont stick out the sides to much). Then you would have to redrill new holes to mount the lights too as thoose dont line up either. They are a completely different shape in almost every aspect...

What are you trying to accomplish? You can fit the Skoda Superb tails very easily, but other then that almost every other VAG car's taillights are going to be a PITA to fit.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i saw a jetta with smoked inpro tails and i thought it looked real clean wondered how it would look on my car but i guess it wouldnt work sooo oh well thanks for the help anyways

1 - 9 of 9 Posts