Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good: America, Apple Pie, Baseball, Motherhood, Jesus, Hard Work, Integrity, Honesty, Prosperity, Humility, Compassion & Love for Fellow Man, Purple Mountain Majesty, Amber Waves of Grain, The Fruited Plain, Spacious & Clear Skies. All these things are embodied in G. W. Bush

Evil: Anyone that commits through word or deed anything that can be interpreted in any way to be negative toward G.W. Bush

"You're either with me, or against America"
- G.W. Bush

A vote for anyone other than Bush is a vote for terrorism. Anyone supporting terrorism is a traitor and an "enemy combatant" and subject to the harshest punishment possible. Anyone that does not vote for Bush can expect to be arrested, and rightly so.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
The Fruited Plain is mostly available in san francisco.

at least, that's what I hear...

;)

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Hate Speech: Anything a conservative says that goes against something the non-majority supports

Good Speech: Anything a liberal says that defiles the majority or conservative view

The minority is dictating to the majority these days...

I think that if Bush is not reelected, that terrorism acts will most likely go down but the terrorists will still be lurking in the shadows like a time bomb waiting to go off... :nervous: After all this is what Clinton did...short term gain that sacrifices long term prosperity...

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
LoneStarPoke said:
Hate Speech: Anything a conservative says that goes against something the non-majority supports

Good Speech: Anything a liberal says that defiles the majority or conservative view

I think that if Bush is not reelected, that terrorism acts will most likely go down but the terrorists will still be lurking in the shadows like a time bomb waiting to go off... :nervous:
I agree that terrorism will go down. bush is really 'tweaking' the rest of the world and he's poking a stick in a hornets nest. with obvious negative results.

going back into lurking is the best we can hope for. there's no way to entirely stop it or defeat it. until you can change peoples' view to religion (THE cause of all this strife), terrorism from the islamist states toward those that don't buy into their beliefs will never go away.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
LoneStarPoke said:

I think that if Bush is not reelected, that terrorism acts will most likely go down but the terrorists will still be lurking in the shadows like a time bomb waiting to go off... :nervous: After all this is what Clinton did...short term gain that sacrifices long term prosperity...
Again with the absolutist mantra.
Hate speech is anything that a person says be they conservative or liberal that demonstrates contempt or hate for an individual or group... REGARDLESS of how many people agree with you. It was once said that African Americans (slaves) were all stupid and that was used as justification for enslavement. The majority agreed with this but I can tell you something... it was still hate speech.
I don't care if the majority is anti gay marriage. There is no way that you can speek to the detriment of those people fighting for their rights, despite majority agreement, that isn't hate speech. Too bad.

The minority being wealthy business owners and politicans? Because if that's what you mean than you are right. How about Howard Sterns troubles with the FCC. Is this not an example of what you are talking about? The highest rated radio talk show of ALL time is being persued doggedly by the agenda of the few. It works both ways and it ALL stems from the minority in this country. That minority being people with enough money to get the attention of the leadership.

See you are doing it. The Bush doctrine in full effect. It's us vs. them, the lines are drawn and may no one stand in a gray area.

Good Speech: ANything that a good person says in good conscience that doesn't advocate the detriment of other people.. be they in the majority, the minority liberal OR conservative. Life is NOT an us Vs. them battle. Open your eyes and see the beauty of gray.

I won't even comment on the last section beyond this: be aware that the worlds oil supply does not go on indefinitely and action taken to secure or preserve supplies of it is an action in short term thinking. Neither side of the oh so clearly defined black line of infinite thinness that defines your world view is currently persuing long term strategies for security, solvency or ecology. War is a short term strategy for solving interstate conflict. It does nothing to mend the rifts or address the poblems that caused the war to begin with and serves at best to breed more contention. I don't think the incidence of domestic terror strike is going to have anything to do with which president we have if our global strategies continue to be hegemonic, warring and empirical and one Presidential change will not be enough to change the extra-contiguous perception of our nations course, purpose and modus operandi. Make no mistake these are the things that we need to address. Perhaps they are not things to change but they certainly need to be looked at with more candor than "those terrorists are just jealous of our freedom".

read this over a few times.

-----------------------------

This is the absolutist's World:

Right <----> Left
God <----> Allah
the US <--> the UN
Us <----> Them

(courtesy of Adbusters)

------------------------------

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
[sidebar]
fwiw, god-of-israel = allah = god-of-christians

funny how all 3 religions are monotheistic and really pray to the same exact god. (except that christians use a 'front-end' approach since they're not allowed to get direct access to god. I never really understood that part.. but the main god is still the same one that the other 2 religions pray directly to.)

I guess they just disagree about what language he speaks.
[/sidebar]

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
linux-works said:
[sidebar]

except that christians use a 'front-end' approach since they're not allowed to get direct access to god.[/sidebar]
[begin sidebar sidebarring]
Close... not Christians per se... Catholics though yes... Not ALL catholics... this is what the reformation was about. Rememebr THAT thread? That one was great!
[end sidebar sidebarring]

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Spirare said:
linux-works said:
[sidebar]

except that christians use a 'front-end' approach since they're not allowed to get direct access to god.[/sidebar]
Close... not Christians per se... Catholics though yes... Not ALL catholics... this is what the reformation was about. Rememebr THAT thread? That one was great!
I really don't know, so I'm asking. I thought ALL christians had to pray to jesus; since god was his boss and you're not allowed to violate the chain of command (so to speak).

if you're allowed access directly to god, why, then, do people pray to his son? like in all things, the one who has more power can usually get the job done faster and better, right?

(sorry for the hijack)

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Spirare said:
They are the same thing (supposedly) Linux. The trinity. The three in one.
is that like a VIA 4-in-1 driver?

(geek joke. sorry...)

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
linux-works said:
Spirare said:
linux-works said:
[sidebar]

I really don't know, so I'm asking. I thought ALL christians had to pray to jesus; since god was his boss and you're not allowed to violate the chain of command (so to speak).

if you're allowed access directly to god, why, then, do people pray to his son? like in all things, the one who has more power can usually get the job done faster and better, right?

(sorry for the hijack)
Who said I cannot pray directly to God. I do it every day... :bow:

It is really funny what you wrote above. If fact we all have one god, but fighting with each other.
It is funny how some people try to prove that theirs religion is better than any other one.
And since when Mr. Bush has more power than Pope to decide on participating in religious war?? :suspicio: :crazy:

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
XedoS69 said:
Who said I cannot pray directly to God. I do it every day... :bow:
"who were you talking to? I heard voices."
"I was praying."
"I heard 2 voices."
"I do both parts."

--love and death (the movie)

;)

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
To Christians (at least those who other "Christians" support as being Christians...there are some religions who claim to be "Christian" but are not in the eyes of others because they don't profess the same basic faith) God is three persons in One, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Each part is unique and has attributes but make up God, just as a football team is made up of QBs, RBs, etc..

Linux-works:
you may be thinking of the old Catholic teachings that says that we cannot talk directly to God in prayer but need an intermediary that is a priest. The thought behind this teaching is that since priests were more educated in the faith, and were ordained that only they could communicate properly with God. To my knowledge, the Roman Catholic Church does not still teach this. In the overall scheme of Christian belief this is a very minor detail. The ultimate goal of Christians and the organized Christian faiths is to 'save' as many souls as possible from damnation, and the only way to become saved is to truly believe that Jesus was God's son (as in the Holy Trinity) and that he came to earth to die for our sins and grant you forgiveness. Very simple...

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
so then, by that reasoning, before jesus came along, god was only 1/3 or 2/3 of full-strength?

I still don't understand.

"god v3.0. since 1.0 was just a long, long beta test"

heh.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
I pitcher of water. Pour the water into a glass. It is the same amount of water it is just in two different places and in two different states. Now pur some of the water into an ice cube tray and freeze it. Now you have water in three different states/places. Now dump the glass back into the pitcher and put the ice cube sin there too. Now you again have a pitcher of water.

Now.. BACK ON TOPIC!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
In the begining there was only God. God created everything. God always has been and always will be the Trinity. There is no begining for God and no end.

I know its hard to understand, that is where Faith comes in. Faith is believing something you can't understand. Just like when Bush said tax cuts and refunds would turn our economy around, I didn't believe it because I couldn't understand why or how even though I have a business degree and consider myself well versed in economics, but I had to just blindly believe it to be so, and now it is starting to turn around...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
6 Participants
linux-works
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing