Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at interior kits ever since I saw a friends S2000 with carbon fiber, but recently saw this silver colored CF weave. What do you think of the silver? I know God intended all interiors to be black, but I saw a new 5series in European Car that had the silver CF weave with everything else black inside, and the outside was silver.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Its called, a way to rip you off of even more money. :)

The graphite weave is replaced with some other thread (nylon maybe?), so you lose the strength and rigidty of a carbon fiber product. But hey, it sells, so why not make some money off of it? :weirdo:

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not trying to "bullitproof" my dash, so strength is not a concern :p This is purely cosmetic.

Is'nt net optic what came on a '97 A4? If so, I think it looks too cheap, and I would rather leave it plain.

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's the response I got from my best friend, thought it was funny..

Hey Glen.
The only interior God intended was grey with wood trim. Even he has stepped in and if you squint your eyes carefully you can read God's word right on the photo!
It says "WOODTRIM"!
"The Low-ahd wuks in missty-e-us ways!"
Nah, spend that money on something that matters...like ice cream.

K

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
l5gcw0b
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing