Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a good economical place to buy silicon hoses for vacuum, etc? Looking to change all of mine because I'm tired of the cloth covered ones looking bad. I just want good old black, no greens or hot pinks or anything. Does anyone make a complete kit for B5's yet? I know they have them for the Asians and US?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
how much and what sizes of hose do u get from hosetechniques??? they don't make a kit for our Passats :sad:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
were any of the hoses really hard to change or did ya just start replacing things one by one?

·
Registered
472 Posts
I started replacing hoses one by one and I recommend taking your time with the hose that connects to the DV; the plastic stock DV is somewhat fragile right at the connection point as I found out the hard way :sad: . Could someone else please comment or post pics on just how many hoses can be replaced with silicone hoses.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got one and it was enough 3mm hose for the Passat and the Rabbit with hose left over.
Cool. NOPI has them for like $21.00 bucks and I'll have enough left over to do my Rabbit GTi! That works.

I may have to go with HoseTechniques though because I think I may want black. Maybe I'll get silver. I don't know, I'm so confused... :???: :thumbup:

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
are there any reason to change these, other than because they're bad? and is there any recommended time frame to change them?

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
HoseTechniques... or the Akimoto kit.

FYI - I just talked to Forge Saturday about the hoses from Samco. Forge has been waiting on the revised A4 B5 kit for 6 months now. I ordered hoses back in October from www.achtuning.com and havent gotten my order. They are still in the provess of making the revised kit, but no eta on date arrival yet.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
16 Participants
pete1
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing