Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happended to the "New Forum Issues" forum? Where all the topics about signatures and other issues with the PHP tool were posted.

When can we have signatures again? Did I miss a big announcement and am I blowing smoke for no reason? It's nice to know what kind of ride someone has when answering their question or to link to their photos.

The search still bites...

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
I don't know what you're talking about, the sigs work fine for me? Well except yours.

As for the Search, it works fine for me, much like the last search there is a learning curve. I always find what I want.

BTW, I was joking about the sigs but I could care less if they come back or not. The search I was being honest about.

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
b5boyd said:
If there was an announcement, I missed it too...I know the sigs had to be much smaller, but why take them away all together?? It's nice to know who your talking to :wink:

'99 Silver 1.8T GLS Tiptronic
My B5
8)
Do you manually insert that "sig" in each post?

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gietl said:
As for the Search, it works fine for me, much like the last search there is a learning curve. I always find what I want.
My biggest complaint is it is not easy to find all the posts CREATED by a user. I just did a search for author and inserted your name "gietl" and the latest post shows a topic that I was the author on. The search shows everything you created AND replied to. :crazy: And sorting the results by author is such a PITA because I have to scan to the "G" authors to find your posts. The old engine truely showed posts you had authored in one easy step.

·
Registered
347 Posts
D ZIGNER said:
b5boyd said:
If there was an announcement, I missed it too...I know the sigs had to be much smaller, but why take them away all together?? It's nice to know who your talking to :wink:

'99 Silver 1.8T GLS Tiptronic
My B5
8)
Do you manually insert that "sig" in each post?
naw...just did it for old time sake... :roll:

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Agree on the search function issue, the missing signature line, and the lack of an indicator for photos in a thread.

Have to say the migration went pretty smoothly though considering what must have been involved.

Anyone else noticed that VWVortex recently made some slight format changes?

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Der Meister said:
Anyone else noticed that VWVortex recently made some slight format changes?
The spell checker is way cool. :bow: No more writing big posts in Word then cutting and pasting. How do we get that feature????

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Spell check is on Vortex. Its all in the new version of Zeroforum.

·
Registered
144 Posts
My question is: How can you get to the topics you have recently participated in? My Recent Topics feature worked so well before and works great on the Vortex. Do you have to do a search for yourself? I'm not gripping, I just want to know what the best way to go about this is. :D

·
Registered
914 Posts
D ZIGNER said:
It's nice to know what kind of ride someone has when answering their question or to link to their photos
i totally agree! i just linked my member profile to the home page section in the profile adjustments area, so when you click the website button under my name it goes to my member area thread. but still miss the sigs.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
shouldnt this be in comments and suggestions :???:

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Z28Driver said:
shouldnt this be in comments and suggestions :???:
Sure where no one ever looks and this gets no exposure? This got 237 views and 18 posts in a couple of hours. The last signature request over in the dungeon forum of comments and suggestions got 26 views and 1 reply after 6 DAYS.

No disrespect intended but perhaps it will catch the attention of someone on this forum who can make the signatures happen.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.