Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at one of those panic points with a mod. USACollision did some work on my car after a front/rear accident, and I had them paint my side skirts and rubber door pieces. 6 days later they were peeling. They obviously werent prepped before painting. After a 30 min shouting match, the president said they would repaint them if I took them off and brought in. He told me they would prep them properly. I went to pick them up, and the rubber is warped, they are peeling from the top, and they only removed the loose paint on them so now the texture looks like shit. After another 30 mins of screaming, and his offer to let me sue him, I just said to refund my money and restore them back to stock. Obviously these things are ruined and they will not be able to get them back to stock but thats what he agreed to...

SO, here's my dilemna and question... I have fubared side skirts and rubber door lowers. What do I do? I saw Oettinger and Reiger side skirts, but they dont come with the door pieces. Is there an attractive lower kit that comes with the door pieces as well? Since all the problems painting the rubber, I am thinking the best way to go is not stock and get them in plastic.

Totally open to suggestions. Thanks for all of your help. :bow:

·
Registered
789 Posts
i just looked at drewparts.com and i was wondering why the b5.5 votex front cost $704?????????????? to me that seems plain rediculos considering its just an air dam/skirt kit whatever you wana call it. Also how come its so much more money then the b5 front?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey, back on topic, someone hijacked my thread... :wink:

Does anyone know a real good painter? If I do the votex side skirts, I need them painted silver and dont want to have what happened to me happen again...

Also, we get a 20% discount at drewparts? Thats pretty cool. Anyone we have to talk to specifically?

·
Retired PassatWorld Staff
6,165 Posts
When you checkout on the online store, enter coupon code 'CLUBB5' for the discount. Also contact Liberty VW ((847) 680-1678). Ask for the VW parts department, and tell them what you want and that you're a member of CB5. May as well compare.

I'd also ask them to quote painting.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Liberty will do the whole paint job for you and have it shipped to your doorstep. I think the painting will run you around 200 dollars for the sideskirts.

you can also e-mail jim bohr at liberty. He's a GREAT help and Liberty will do a perfect paint job. I had mine done by them and then had it shipped to me.

[email protected]

@robspassatv6, the votex replaces the bottom black piece, whereas the zender just covers it up. hth.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts