Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the new 04 passats have the blinker lights on the side view mirrors. like pictured here:

Is there any way these can be put on an older b5.5?
If so does anyone have part numbers or cost or anything like that
TIA

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
I asked the same question at the dealer. The mirror blinkers are only on the 2004.5 models (I didn't even know a distinction existed). The parts dept. didn't have a part number for it yet and was supposed to check into it for me. If I hear anything, I'll post it.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I believe one of our european members possibly Mgolz has already done it. http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=60763&highlight=

Also the doors, windshield angle and roof line have been the same since the first b5 passat came out in 96 in Europe and 98 here in the US. So for some person at your dealer to say that it would only fit 2003 or newer..... :crazy:

Pete

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Also the doors, windshield angle and roof line have been the same since the first b5 passat came out in 96 in Europe and 98 here in the US. So for some person at your dealer to say that it would only fit 2003 or newer.....

Pete
This is what I thought.....

·
Registered
383 Posts
I like the mirror signals. The mirrors themselves though, seem, well, too round. I don't like them. :thumbdow:

·
Registered
21 Posts
They're significantly smaller than earlier mirrors. Tapered design --- sorta teardrop shaped. But the LEDs that are in there are focused for great visibility by others --- even in rain and snow. One pattern is forward for oncoming cars, and the other seems to hit a segment from directly behind forward about 120 degrees. They take some getting used to when driving in dark, unlit areas. Very bright for the driver, too.

But there's some consistency in the world: on this restyle, VAG also introduced a new fastening system for the floor mats that is easily as bad as all earlier systems.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I was behind a new 2004 passat today and for the first time saw the mirror blinkers............I was not overly impressed and i'm thinking that i like the side markers better, but thats just my opinion. Its funny looking at all the posts and seeing soooooooooooooooooo many different views on what people like or dislike.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts