Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
If you mean the side markers on the fenders then yes they do just pop off. All I did was slide the lens over and then use a credit card to lift the edge and it popped right out. If you get the new markers first, you'll see right away why its so easy.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
00Psst said:
If you mean the side markers on the fenders then yes they do just pop off. All I did was slide the lens over and then use a credit card to lift the edge and it popped right out. If you get the new markers first, you'll see right away why its so easy.
I don't think we are talking about the same thing. These are the side markers for the signals on the front right and left quarterpanels.

Wood

·
Registered
199 Posts
00Psst is right, they're easy to remove.

I'd advise getting the smoked sidemarkers from Hella (I think) rather than the VW ones. The VW tinted sidemarkers aren't really tinted at all - they still have a clear lense on the outside. The only difference is the color of the plastic inside the unit. I think the ones VW sells are actually the same lights that were on pre-2001.5 passats. Not an improvement on the OEM ones.

The Hella sidemarker lights are actually tinted so that you can't see the bulb inside. They're more of a change from the OEM ones so they seem more worth the $.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where to get the Hella sidemarkers

GoBigRed said:
00Psst is right, they're easy to remove.

I'd advise getting the smoked sidemarkers from Hella (I think) rather than the VW ones. The VW tinted sidemarkers aren't really tinted at all - they still have a clear lense on the outside. The only difference is the color of the plastic inside the unit. I think the ones VW sells are actually the same lights that were on pre-2001.5 passats. Not an improvement on the OEM ones.

The Hella sidemarker lights are actually tinted so that you can't see the bulb inside. They're more of a change from the OEM ones so they seem more worth the $.
Where do you get the Hella sidemarkers?

Wood

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
woodster76
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing