Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 2001.5 glx, and no side curtains.
At least there is no indication what so ever on the pillars...
Aren't all new passats supposed to come with side curtains?
WHHYYY!
I can die without it...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If i am not wrong, there is suppose to be an indication of its presence on the pillars or roof lining, isn't it?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I also have a 2001.5, it does have side airbags and the A-pillar is marked with the "Airbag" label. If you pull of the A-pillar trim you should be able to see the side curtain airbag tether attachment to the A-pillar.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's interesting because I thought all of the B5.5's were supposed to have a the side curtain airbags. My friend received his GLX in early March of 2001 (so I'm assuming it was built in Feb. or even before) and it has the side curtain airbags also.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Canadian Passats do not have standard Curtain Airbags, they are optional. Curtain Airbags appeared in the 2000 Passat model year, standard in the US and optional in Canada. This also goes for the current Canadian B5.5s, only the W8 had them standard. As as mantioned before if you had them you would see Airbag badges on the A and B pillars.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can someone confirm this?
As far as i know they were optional on GLS trim, i have an GLX.
Anyways i guess there is nothing i can do?!?!

·
Registered
897 Posts
My mistake I was looking at the B5. The B5.5s are supposed to have them standard in Canada. Do you have the window sticker still? It should state there whether you have them or not. Give Customer Care (1-800-DRIVEVW)a call and give them your VIN # I am sure they would be able to tell you if you have them or not.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Also there should be a label in your trunk, somewhere by the spare or on the indide of the trunk cover. It will list all the options and standard equipment that you have. Do a search for a site that someone posted explaining the codes.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, that thread doesn't exist.
I have been looking for some time.
I also started a thread and nobody could help me.
It should be good to find what our option codes mean.
Thanks anyways.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.