Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im curious to see pics of everyones garage space and tool box/bench arangement and how they use their space.

i share a 24X24 garage with my father and we have a lenght wise bench and each have two tool boxes,i have a big two piec chest (craftmen) and a cheap Waterloo part box/toolbox

my dad has his massive Gray tools toolbox and a same as mine waterloo parts chest.

we also have two welders, an air compressor, drill press , bench grinder,and sand blaster as well as a electrical outlets every corner of the shop. :)

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
I have 2 jetskis , My B5 , my honda civic , my honda CBR600F4i . my suzuki GSXR 1000 and some other toys.

Just kidding . I dont even have a garage.......

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess people don't take pride in their garages :poke:

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
i have a single car garage acting as a storage bin/shjop. it has an 8 foot bench and a rollaway made by my brother in-law to hold large tools and a small toolbox for handtools. also sharing this space a shop computer, 2 refrigerators, a stove, 2 and a half extra sets of wheels stacked randomly but safely, a lawn tractor, a snow blower, various other assorted lawn tools, a half finished hutch and a 25 YO dirtbike that will run someday :p .

you DON'T want to see pictures...it's bad. i have to pull out the lawn tractor, dirtbike and the rollaway anytime i want to work.

but it's mine!!! and better yet...some of the other crapola isn't.
the :b5: does live outdoors however. poor baby

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
Not sure how many folks are going to have pics of their garage but I can tell you what mine looks like -

My 1999 B5, my wife's 2000 CR-V, my 2001 Yamaha V-Star, an 8 ft. work bench, my air compressor, rolling tool box, shelving to hold parts, tools, oil etc., my summer tires stacked up, a couple of garbage cans, painted floor (easier to clean spills), a heater, a snowblower, a mower and my tablesaw. Once the weather improves and I get it reorganized, I might snap a pic with the family fleet in there.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool that some people are well equiped with tools

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Family has a 3 car garage. 2 attached to the house, and a single garage/work shop in the back yard.

Cork board for hanging tools, wrenches, allen keys, bits, electrical, etc. Work bench is about 6-7 ft long by 3ft deep with shelving under for sabre saw, circular saw, bench grinder, drills, and other sanders. Have the scroll saw mounted on the bench top along with a 3" vise. Have shelving to the ceiling for all of the boat equipment, paint rags, paint buckets, and spray cans. Have all the parts for my model airplanes and RC equipment, along with car parts, bumper, a set of wheels, riding mower, table saw, and push mower. Have 2 bikes hanging from the ceiling, with the air compressor and hoses in the back corner with dedicated wall outlet. Next corner, have the stereo ft. Dolby surround sound and 3disc cd changer. More shelves on the right side of the garage for othe household electrical equipment, bug spray, and other lawn care products. More bikes, and electric scooters for my brothers, along with yard tools hanging up.

Its hard ot describe, but believe it or not, I can fit 3/4 of the car in the space without having to move too much stuff. Ill have to snap a picture.

Steve

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
My garage is 30x48 and I still need more room... :crazy: just sold my Jeep and my Nova so I had two places open and than just bought a 2004 F-450 so I basically have no room again. I have one corner(10x12) that is a complete workshop though. All my cars are in it as well as 3 snowmobiles, 2 mnt bikes, 2 KX250's, 18' bass boat. The only thing in storage is my ski boat.

My dad's garage is about the same size but his kicks major but. He has a complete wash station for vehicles..I use it all the time during the winter.

Oh and I almost forgot...I have a Keg fridge with a shelf in it just for salami and cheese... :weirdo:

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
i'd like to put in my vote for more info on the wash station ^^^^

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
My dad's garage has 4 stalls for cars open like normal so that once inside you can walk about the whole garage. The wash stall is part of the building but has an interior wall that seperates it from the rest of the garage(not much different than a paint booth). The walls are sheetrock but painted and sealed with water-proofing sealant. The bottom of the walls are two blocks high all the way around so that the sheetrock isn't flush to the floor where it gets wet. The floor has two drains in it and is 12x25. We just use a power washer to do the deed. The stall is heated seperately from the rest of the garage so that when done washing and drying the car we leave the door cracked open on the car and crank the heat to dry whatever we missed or couldn't get to.

Not really that difficult to build.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
Thumber
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing