Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get new shoes for my ride. I am not sure if I should go with 16's or 17's.
If I get 16's they will be audi rims. If 17's audi or aftermarket.
If you have 16" Audi rims on your passat post it here, If you have nice 17" setup show it here too.
Help me decide!!!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
My Previous wheels:
17X7.5 Audi OEM 'RS4' Celebration wheels with 225/45/17 Michelin Pilots.

My Current wheels:
17X8 Audi OEM A6 4.2 Forged/Polished wheels with 235/45/17 Dunlop SP9000s.

-Lelo
2003 B5.5 1.8T 5 speed

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
They're for sale too, in case you're interested. Drop me a PM.

·
Registered
591 Posts
selurffoeg said:
just for reference, here are 16" swings- the same as the A4 sport package wheels until '00.5

More sidewall on the 16's, but more forgiving on crappy roads!

Currently I'm running S4 wheels. But I purchased those Swings a while back since the ride with my 17s is becoming rediculous around these parts. What size tire are you running?

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Leloz said:
huragantzwo said:
Leloz, I like the way those A6 wheels look on your pics. What colour is the car, Reflex Silver or Blue Silver?
TIA
Thanks! My car is reflex silver.

-Lelo
Lelo, the first pic you show though is of a blue silver B5, did you change and buy a different car or is that someone elses ride? BTW those A6 rims look sweet on that Reflex Silver... Very nice indeed! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
That is my B5.5 in both pictures. The first picture was taken in April 2003 and the second picture was taken in March 2004. I am guessing sun and camera angles make the difference in the color. Thanks for the comment :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
lipper said:
Currently I'm running S4 wheels. But I purchased those Swings a while back since the ride with my 17s is becoming rediculous around these parts. What size tire are you running?
205/55/16, but 225/50's work as well, apparently. They may bulge a bit at the sidewalls though.

·
Registered
123 Posts
NoneRock said:
OEM 17" BBS Madras

Nice wheels. :thumbup: Where did you order them from and what's the cost?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts