Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should i risk it? before i knew i needed special tool to remove cyl head bolts i used an alan wrench. now 4 of them they are stripped what can i do to get them out? :( can i get a metal bit and drill the heads of the bolts off and try and lift the head up off over them or am i S.O.L. :crazy: please any ideas at all? :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Why on earth would you have one that?? :crazy: :crazy:

I'm pretty sure that's not enough clearance to use a bolt out extracter, so you'll definatley running out of choices.

If you drill them out you should have plenty of meat on the bolts to pull them out after the head is off. There's gonna be metal everywhere though.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Id be very careful......I shouldn't have said that, Its not like your going to be careless right!? I'm an ass. But, I would keep a tap and die on hand just incase I jacked something up.

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pretty sure i didnt

pretty sure i didnt...i had the shop vac there while i was drilling PITA but i think i didnt get any thing in there but it was drill or new engine. what would you do?

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
Re: pretty sure i didnt

guy022077 said:
pretty sure i didnt...i had the shop vac there while i was drilling PITA but i think i didnt get any thing in there but it was drill or new engine. what would you do?
Hammer a 6 point socket over the head of the bolt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts