Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont have a manuel car, I drive an automatic, but I have heard alot about this short shifting stuff. Can someone explain to me why they are good to have and the purpose to have one.

I know I cant get one, but just out of curiosity I am wondering.

Thanks

Rich :wink:

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
20vvillian said:
It shortens the throw to each shift allowing for quicker shifts! in a nut shell!
Kindof like my GIAC Tip Chip took the shift time from 1sec to .02sec!

Rock on, quick shifting :bow:

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
No, nothing like that. It reduces the physical range of movement of the shifter. So if the distance from 1st position to 2nd position was say, 4", it reduces it to something like 3".

Never driven a manual?

·
Registered
774 Posts

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Macabre said:
No, nothing like that. It reduces the physical range of movement of the shifter. So if the distance from 1st position to 2nd position was say, 4", it reduces it to something like 3".

Never driven a manual?
I have never driven a manuel car before! I did once but could barely get out of first gear without the car violenlt shaking. It was fun I guess, I'll take by auto w/tip anyday, especailly here in LA with its famous stop and go traffiic!

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Macabre said:
Ahh, good, more manuals available on the lots for those of us who like to drive our cars rather than just aim them :)
I'll aim my car right up your @$$! :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding bro!

But you have a LMAO comment! Thats true you do drive your car, but so do I when I drive in Tip!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.