Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 00 wagon and I'm back to looking for shocks for it again. However I'm having one hell of a time trying to get shocks. Several places including Shox.com and ECS have a VERY limited amount to choose from. Apparently the rears on the wagon are different that the sedan? Can anyone confirm this? My ETKA doesn't like my new computer so I can't check it on there.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Shocks are the same (at least Eibach are and if that is the case, I am sure other vendors will be the same for the most part) for sedan and wagon...springs are not

Give Daryl a call at shox.com, he will give you more info, and if you tell him that you are a member here, he will give you a discount.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NoneRock - Thanks for the information.. I'll have to chat with him. I've found a couple vendors (Bilstein and Koni) that don't have difference ones, but KYB, Sacs, do..... the questions... :) LOL. I'm thinking that Bilstein and Koni don't since they are stiffer than stock and could carry the extra load of a wagon if neccessary.

The I just got the ETKA numbers

The front shocks are the same sedan / wagon
3B0 413 031Q
The rear shocks have different part numbers
3B5 513 031B Sedan
3B5 513 031G Wagon

I'm guessing they are valved differently or stiffer due to the "load" a wagon would carry? Anyone know?

Ryan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.