Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ordering and planning to have the Eibach Pro-Kit shocks and springs installed in the next couple of weeks. I am wondering where would be the best place to get it done locally in Milwaukee. I guess my other option is to drive to Libertyville, should be about an hour worth of driving. I heard good things about them. Also, once I have enough money for a full cat-back (Neuspeed or Brullen), should I get Liberty to install that as well? Will I save money or should I go with a local indy shop?

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update.
Just called Liberty, $480 for the suspension installation with the ClubB5 discount. $180 for the exhaust.
So..... I am desperately in need of a good shop to install my suspension for closer to $200. Any suggestions are welcome. I will drive anywhere within about 150 mile radius so shops in Chicago are not out of question.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update. Found a local guy, a husband of a co-worker, who'll do it for $200 + price of an alignment (he's got a buddy who'll give me a break on that as well). I'm cool with that. I think I'll ask him to put in a TT diverter valve while he's at it. He shouldn't charge me for that.

·
Registered
778 Posts
kezho,

I'm not trying to be critical, but, why should the husband of your co-worker, who is already giving you a pretty good price on the installation of your new suspension parts, also install a new diverter valve for free?

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Because it is a 5 minute job once he is under the car already, and I will hook him up with a six pack for the trouble anyways. :crazy:
You sound like a grandma. Are you a grandma? Just wondering. :poke:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Hey kezho,

You're pretty touchy there kiddo. The DV swap is not a 5 minute job. Also, if you "hook him up with a six pack", then it's not "free".

No need for you to be so damn defensive and resort to name calling.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmmm..... Well, it's this same kind of patronizing attitude that identified you as a grandma, grandma. All I meant was it is pretty easy to get to it once the car is already up; and then however long it takes to take off the belly pan and unscrew two clamps. You're right, this is not a 5 minute job. I understand that it is these kinds of gross exaggerations that get you panties all in a bunch. For that I apologize. Have a :beer: and relax. It's Friday.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I got my exhaust done at dubwerks in libertyville for 100 bucks, suspension for 200, allignment for 60, and sway bar for 75 bucks...They do a great job.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts