Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Martha stewart was convicted on all counts. This could mean jail for her.

The greed of rich people amazes me sometimes. I mean had she not sold the stock would her net worth have even decreased 1%. I doubt it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jail is jail..... I wouldn't want to go there even for a week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,500 Posts
Can't wait to see her Martha Living special on cell decore and entertaining inmates....

It seemed like her attitude was: everyone else does this at the top why can't I... Now that their done with the small fry maybe they can concentrate on all the other tax evading back-room trading scum... O... Wait... they run the country.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
interesting quote from cnn

Despite the intense publicity surrounding the trial – the most closely watched of the recent corporate fraud cases – the stock trade at its center involved a relatively small amount of money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
so is that the consensus? less than a year in the bing? ... huphm....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,505 Posts
I met Martha Stewart once MANY MANY years ago when I was working as a Ticket Agent for American Airlines at San Francisco International Airport. Let me tell you.... SHE'S SNNNNNOOOOBBBBBYYYYYYY and a BBBBIIIIIITTTCCHHHHHHH!!!! Yyyyyyoooooowww!! :evil: Don't mess with her. But she messed with the law and she deserves it all!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
fl4ian said:
less than a year in the bing? ... huphm....
I'm not sure the minimum security prison she'd go to would be considered "the bing." She'll probably go to Danbury, former termporary home of Leona Helmsley.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The real punishment is her company's stock is indicated to open back up between $8-$10. It was at $16.50 and is currently halted.

Don't bend over for the soap Martha, :lol:

Maybe women's prisons don't have that problem :suspicio:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,172 Posts
OneGuyInCA said:
I met Martha Stewart once MANY MANY years ago when I was working as a Ticket Agent for American Airlines at San Francisco International Airport. Let me tell you.... SHE'S SNNNNNOOOOBBBBBYYYYYYY and a BBBBIIIIIITTTCCHHHHHHH!!!! Yyyyyyoooooowww!! :evil: Don't mess with her. But she messed with the law and she deserves it all!
Unfortunately, being a jerk isn't a crime. Then again, being rich isn't an excuse. I think she's getting a reasonable punishment for her crime.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
902 Posts
Yea, at least she's getting jail time I hope. She didn't forcefully aquire the information she got, it was told to her and she used it to do something illegal.

Another case of not thinking of the consequences...I bet she wishes she took that loss now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,168 Posts
I can already picture the first issue of MS Living after she lands in the klink. Cover page "Creativity with Stripes!!!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,124 Posts
not_too_shabby said:
Jail is jail..... I wouldn't want to go there even for a week.
My uncle is a cop and he put me in a holding cell to teach me the "you don't want to do anythign stupid" lesson.....

but i'm glad to see that she's getting what she deserves........i'm sick of seeing rich people get away with things.........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
baisee00 said:
not_too_shabby said:
Jail is jail..... I wouldn't want to go there even for a week.
My uncle is a cop and he put me in a holding cell to teach me the "you don't want to do anythign stupid" lesson.....

but i'm glad to see that she's getting what she deserves........i'm sick of seeing rich people get away with things.........
At least he didn't put you in there with Bubba.... :lol:
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
18 Participants
not_too_shabby
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing
Top