Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2001 B5.5 Volkwagen Passat 2.8L GLX
264 Posts
I was driving back from Montreal, Quebec, Canada and was driving through the big winter storm while in the UP on Christmas Eve, hit a patch of ice and went right into the ditch, don't have any photos as I was in there for less than 3 minutes. Had my tow strap on me and just so happened to have a chevy truck drive by and pulled me out, went right back on the road and drove for another 4 hours!
Water Water resources Liquid Road surface Tints and shades

· Registered
11 Posts
Driving back home after at dyno session, managed to hit a deer right after a corner.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Automotive side marker light Car Vehicle Automotive parking light Hood

Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Sky

Quick fixed the car with some fiberglass, black paint, used hood and front plate. Sadly the timingbelt went the first drive i had after the repair😅 A piece of plastic from the timingbelt cover managed to make the timingbelt jump. That deer…🦌

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
1,639 Posts
Driving back home after at dyno session, managed to hit a deer right after a corner.

View attachment 107917
View attachment 107920
View attachment 107919

Quick fixed the car with some fiberglass, black paint, used hood and front plate. Sadly the timingbelt went the first drive i had after the repair😅 A piece of plastic from the timingbelt cover managed to make the timingbelt jump. That deer…🦌

View attachment 107918
Det er ikke god! How fast were you going? The speed limits are so low in Scandinavia, it’s hard to imagine he smashed up your car so badly.

· One Punch Man
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

View attachment 107917
View attachment 107920
View attachment 107919

View attachment 107918
The lesson in this event is that you should maybe do the timing on your car after experiencing any kind of impact. My Audi had the timing chains/tensioner/guides fail after I got rear ended hard at a red light. The impact left an impression of the car grill that hit it in my rear bumper cover, but not much else as far as I knew. It does make sense, even though yours swallowed a piece of the timing cover. I have been considering making the front end of my Passat more easily removable because of that, and those pesky rivet-nuts in there that freeze up and spin out of the plastic. If you look closely at the pic in my OP, you can see the rivet-nut setting tool on the top of the bucket seat in front of the car...Anyways.
I'm not sure which I miss more. The car, or the babe who was riding shotgun. She's a sweetie, and her bumper cover was pretty easy to remove...
She has a perty bumper too.Baby come back...No nobody was injured. I think I miss her more maybe.
Jeans Shoulder Waist Gesture Grass
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Sky Vehicle

· Registered
11 Posts
Did you kill it? And, if so, did you keep the venison?
No it ran of 🦌

The lesson in this event is that you should maybe do the timing on your car after experiencing any kind of impact. My Audi had the timing chains/tensioner/guides fail after I got rear ended hard at a red light. The impact left an impression of the car grill that hit it in my rear bumper cover, but not much else as far as I knew. It does make sense, even though yours swallowed a piece of the timing cover. I have been considering making the front end of my Passat more easily removable because of that, and those pesky rivet-nuts in there that freeze up and spin out of the plastic. If you look closely at the pic in my OP, you can see the rivet-nut setting tool on the top of the bucket seat in front of the car...Anyways.
I'm not sure which I miss more. The car, or the babe who was riding shotgun. She's a sweetie, and her bumper cover was pretty easy to remove...
She has a perty bumper too.Baby come back...No nobody was injured. I think I miss her more maybe. View attachment 107923 View attachment 107924
🤣 ohyeah!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts