Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
8,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read about this a long time ago and never saw it again. It shakes when hitting gas amd letting it off too. Not bad but I can feel it is this normal?? I just did a TBA when I put in the new ECU. Could it be the TB itself or fuel filter(change a few months ago)???
TIA
BTW 99 V6 FWDer

·
Registered
131 Posts
This may not be related, but there is a little electronic widget near the air cleaner that will shut things down like sometimes. I forget what it's called, but a new aftermarket one cost me about $100. I thought I had a bad coilpack or two, but it was this other item which will drive me nuts 'til I remember the name.

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,316 Posts
da teacha said:
This may not be related, but there is a little electronic widget near the air cleaner that will shut things down like sometimes. I forget what it's called, but a new aftermarket one cost me about $100. I thought I had a bad coilpack or two, but it was this other item which will drive me nuts 'til I remember the name.
What?
Pson - could be as easy as dirty fuel injectors. Could be as hard as an eff'd ECU. Have you done anything different recently aside from the TBA? I really doubt it has anything to the fuel filter unless installed backwards, but then you'd have a leak.

8,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL.....It could very well be that. It looked the wrong way but I pointed the arrow torwards the front of the car. The old one was pointing in that way would I toke it off. But again it was from ECS and it looked the backwards. Besides that nothing was done really. Also how do you really clean out the fuel injectors???? Also where would I have a leak from???

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
just had the same thing on my V6. Had CEL come up: 4th cylinder misfore. Turned out to be a bad plug wire. Do you have check engine light?

8,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope no cel. It just feels off, like as soon as I let off the gas it slows down right away like there no coast still plus when you hit the gas it just shakes a little in the petal??????? I looked at my tach and it stays the same not droping low now and then

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,316 Posts
Def not the wires then, if the tach is showing normality. The gas pedal shakes???? That means it's got something to do with the vibrations coming from your engine/front end. I don't think bad mounts (EM's or snub) would even do that.....I'm at a loss pson....I hope you find it out soon though...sounds annoying....hopefully someone will chime in.

8,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
swcrow17 said:
Def not the wires then, if the tach is showing normality. The gas pedal shakes???? That means it's got something to do with the vibrations coming from your engine/front end. I don't think bad mounts (EM's or snub) would even do that.....I'm at a loss pson....I hope you find it out soon though...sounds annoying....hopefully someone will chime in.
What about the fuel filter?? where would it leak at if put on backwards?? I was thinking it was odd that the filter was diff then the one that came off :crazy: but again I followed the arrow off the org one and it pointed to the motor, so I put the new one towards the motor to but it was backwards from the OEM :crazy:

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,316 Posts
Technically, you're supposed to do exactly what you said....put the arrow in the direction of flow of the fuel (toward the engine), so you should be correct with that. If it were leaking, it would be right by the connection of the lines into/outof the filter and by the hose clamps. Shouldn't be leaking though if the filter was in right and in the right direction.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts