Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Punches Dubs. True Story
9,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: Seth Traubenberg - Antioch, IL (was: Schaumburg, IL)

n00b here ...

Well, I've seen these high-tech boards before, but I'm new to this one. Why is that? Because I just signed the paperwork on my 2005 Passat GL this afternoon.

Yeah, I bought a GL. Why? Because as part of VW's end-of-the-model clearance activities, they started making the 1.8t available in that trim level. I've already got some ideas for the stereo (it's not the Monsoon in there), but I would love some feedback on wheel/tire packages.

Anyone know a good place to purchase wheels and have them installed? I have just started looking, but if you could get me a good jump start, I would appreciate it.

ST

· Registered
5,699 Posts
Welcome! :)

There's a lot of good people and info all of this site -- Don't be afraid to ask questions (after using the "search" function first, of course).

We're trying to organize a Chicago GTG (Get-together) for later in the month. Hopefully you can make it. It'd be a great place to show off your new car, check out some other sweet rides, meet some members, ask some questions and learn a thing or two.

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175017

Hope you can make it.

-James

· Registered
2,585 Posts
Wilkommen to der Klub fellow Chitownlander. Hope you can make it to the GTG (through sadly, I will probably not be able to).

As for wheels - getting them online IMHO is the best deal. E.g. www.Tirerack.com (who also happens to one of our sponsors and Clay moderates the Tires and Wheels Forum). You can get them shipped to you or a local installer (Tirerack has a list of these) and you done.

Enjoy your Passat! And stay away from the Group Buys and Classifieds - serioulsy bad for your wallet ;)

MC.

9,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Three hundred eighty-seven

I made it 387 days with my first Passat ...then I traded it in.

Now I've got (another) 2005 Passat GL, but this one is Tiptronic. And a WAGON. :crazy: With a baby on the way and a wife who can't drive stick, the change from 5spd sedan to Tip wagon made a lot of sense.

In the next week or so, I'm hoping to chip it, drop it and get my Moto Bluetooth set up transferred out of the old car and into the new one. I'm still up in the air on whether or not I'll tint it. (I'd like to, but the wife's not so keen on it.)

Did I mention that I moved, too? I'm no longer in Schaumburg. But that's not important.

9,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Keeping with updates ...

Five weeks.

I made it five weeks with the variant and she suffered a crash. Front end (mainly passenger's side) was beaten up pretty badly. Then again, you all knew that already.

We'll see where I land when the wagon is put back together. Gonna be late June, though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.