Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are maintenance costs for a 4motion? Looking at a 42 month lease and need to know what I'll spend out of pocket. also looking at Volvo xc-70 - free maintenance and very agressive lease rates. TIA

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Depends on the service interval and how many miles you put on the car. I don't know about Volvo but you pay for oil-changes and scheduled maintenance on your Volkswagen. Remember, nothing is truly free because your Volvo service is factored into your lease payments.

If you put 50K in 3.5 Years, I would estimate around $1400 in service.

·
Banned
373 Posts
The Swami said:
If you are expecting free-service during your lease period, go with Volvo or Audi.
'Free' being built into the price of the purchase and lease of course.

Joe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Look I know free isn't always free - this is not my first rodeo. So without the economics lessons can anyone please tell me about what my out of pocket costs for 42k miles would be? It's all part of the equation/negotiation.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
6 oil changes @$30 each = $180

20k service = $200-300

40k service = $300-400

so $680-$880 is my guess

if you are hard on tires and brakes then add $500-1000 to the cost.

you could get by on the cheap with just 8 oil changes every 5k, 1 brake fluid flush @ 2 year point + 1 cabin filter at ~25k miles. Find a place that does free tire rotations.

skip 40k tuneup (plugs, air filter, cabin filter) just do 40k oil change. then turn it in. unless you are *required* to do the 20k and 40k (in the lease contract? not sure never leased)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts