Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the dealership and service forum over a week ago and got no replies. Wasn't sure how active that forum was, so I thought I'd repost over here in hope that more of the "regulars" might see it. Thanks.

Anybody know any good service shops in Palm Coast, FL? I have recently relocated here and want to find a good VW mechanic before I really need one, if you know what I mean. From looking in the yellow pages, it looks like Daytona (30 miles away) has several VW/Euro shops, and one VW dealer, but I don't see any VW/Euro specialty shops in the immediate Palm Coast area.

Anybody know anyone? Looking for someone familiar enough to do a timing belt change on a VW, for example. Thanks in advance.

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,982 Posts
From looking in the yellow pages, it looks like Daytona (30 miles away) has several VW/Euro shops, and one VW dealer, but I don't see any VW/Euro specialty shops in the immediate Palm Coast area.
I'd say to avoid the VW shop in Daytona. Lynch gets a -7 rating on 1.8t.org. In fact, the best dealer within 75 miles is Key Audi in Jacksonville, with a +8. (For reference, two of the three closest dealerships to me are rated +65 and +80.)

Sorry ...I don't know the No. FL scene at all. Try the regional forums and look for someone from Daytona or Jacksonville. Maybe they can help.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd say to avoid the VW shop in Daytona. Lynch gets a -7 rating on 1.8t.org. In fact, the best dealer within 75 miles is Key Audi in Jacksonville, with a +8. (For reference, two of the three closest dealerships to me are rated +65 and +80.)

Sorry ...I don't know the No. FL scene at all. Try the regional forums and look for someone from Daytona or Jacksonville. Maybe they can help.
Yeah, I heard earlier this year from another poster (think it was Bonilla) that Lynch in Daytona was "hit or miss" - sometimes good service, sometimes not. That's why I was hoping to find a good INDY somewhere around here that knows VW's. I'm about 70 miles from Jacksonville and about 90 to Orlando, so prefer someone closer (between St. Augustine, Palatka, and Daytona for example). There's gotta be a Euro shop somewhere around Palm Coast - wonder where the Mercedes, BMW's, etc. go?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lynch isn't bad if you want to buy parts and do things yourself. If you want them to fix it, I'd take it to Aristocrat in Sanford.

Thanks. If I need a dealer, I'll check out Aristocrat. Sanford is about same distance as Jax from my house (65 miles), where I think there is another decent dealership.

But I'd really like to find a good INDY too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts