Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the car to the car wash last night, after months of neglect.
As we were going through the car wash it was like I had left the sunroof open and someone just dumped a 5 gallon bucket right the roof. My wife and I were literally soaked from all the water coming in. It's a damn good thing we got the 'cheap' wash. :LOL:

It's so bad, I just might go through the car wash again, record and post it just for sheer spectacle of it.

I cannot believe how much the weather strip seals have deteriorated from the sun down here. I have all new weather stripping for the whole car (doors, trunk, sunroof). Guess maybe it's time to put the new stuff in.

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,102 Posts
I couldn't help but laugh. At least it will dry out quickly down there just by leaving the windows cracked.

Reactions: AndreasPassat

·
Registered
28,069 Posts
I'm surprised they didn't charge extra for the free shower! I wonder which item will fail now...

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder which item will fail now...
Funny you should mention that.
Today when I got out of work, I tossed my lunch bag into the passengers seat, I noticed the rubber piece that goes along the top edge of the doors is all wrinkled up. That just happened recently.
Tried taking a picture of it before, couldn't get my cell phone camera to focus. I'll take a picture of it tomorrow with my good camera.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
That's hilarious. Hope it dried itself out.

My brother is about to start parking his Passat outside his garage, for the first time ever, because they have too many drivers/cars now, so he asked me the other day "Hey what was it again that I should check on to ward off leaks." I'm like "Step 1 - drill several drain holes in the bottom of the cabin floor." :D Of course, I gave him the laundry list we've all come to know.

·
Registered
28,069 Posts
I like brown and tan combos in general, but that is a bit much for me.

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,102 Posts
Funny you should mention that.
Today when I got out of work, I tossed my lunch bag into the passengers seat, I noticed the rubber piece that goes along the top edge of the doors is all wrinkled up. That just happened recently.
Tried taking a picture of it before, couldn't get my cell phone camera to focus. I'll take a picture of it tomorrow with my good camera.
And here we are 4 days later. :p

Better get that taken care of. I hear Monsoon season will be stronger this year. ;)

Reactions: AndreasPassat

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And here we are 4 days later. :p

Better get that taken care of. I hear Monsoon season will be stronger this year. ;)
Just gotta poke that bear don't ya.
Dude I'm dying down here. I'm still half cripple, doing almost 70 hours a week (it's back on again).
My construction project that can never leave the ground for some reason is mounting ever higher.
I don't even have time to fart.

Reactions: VAGguy and PZ

·
Registered
33 Posts
You might want to air out under the floor pan on the driver's side. (Ccm location) You'd hate to get corrosion on those connectors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts