Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 v6 gls. lowered with vogtland springs (drop is about 1-1.5 inch) and koni sports. my wheels are 17x7 et 42. tires are 215 45 17. The issue is i am rubbing very bad on the inside. i have been hearing it since the spring/shock install in december but not really worry about it. now my front tires are gouged up real bad. i put the spare on the one that "seemed" the worst. and the other one today had a half inch strip of tread flapping around so i cut it off. when i had the wheel off I looked around and nothing appeared to be rubbing the tire. ie everything was dirty and i would think what ever was rubbing would be fairly clean.

Does anyone have any idea's what the problem is? i can pry get some spacers tomorrow but as far as i know this should not be an issue and i'll pry need nearly a 20mm spacer to prevent any rubbing. maybe there was something the shop did or didn't do when installing the springs and shock?

Thanks for the help

Andrew

Sorry for the cross post wasn't sure if this was a wheel and tire or general post

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Your offset is incorrect. With a 42mm ofset, the wheels/tires are set to far in. Espeacailly if your saying you need 20mm spacers to prevent rubbing.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i sm guessing i'd need 20mm spacers judging by the rubbing on the tires... i have heard of other B5ers will 17x7 with 42 offset. i am fairly sure 20mm spacers will stick my wheels out past the fenders

Andrew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts