Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 v6 gls. lowered with vogtland springs (drop is about 1-1.5 inch) and koni sports. my wheels are 17x7 et 42. tires are 215 45 17. The issue is i am rubbing very bad on the inside. i have been hearing it since the spring/shock install in december but not really worry about it. now my front tires are gouged up real bad. i put the spare on the one that "seemed" the worst. and the other one today had a half inch strip of tread flapping around so i cut it off. when i had the wheel off I looked around and nothing appeared to be rubbing the tire. ie everything was dirty and i would think what ever was rubbing would be fairly clean.

Does anyone have any idea's what the problem is? i can pry get some spacers tomorrow but as far as i know this should not be an issue and i'll pry need nearly a 20mm spacer to prevent any rubbing. maybe there was something the shop did or didn't do when installing the springs and shock?

Thanks for the help

Andrew

·
Registered
26,976 Posts
Are you sure the drop is only 1-1.5"? I thought Vogtlands drop more like 2.5"
With a 1-1.5" drop and your offset/tire combo, you should not be rubbing.

Has the car been aligned?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vogtland has 2 different springs for the b5. mine are the less aggressive. i was aligned after the install yeah.... that was immediatly after should i get another?

andrew

·
Registered
26,976 Posts
It may be off a little as the springs settle,but not enough to wear the tires as you describe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts