Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Banned
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had to take my drivers side door panel off several times for different reasons. Now the plastic clips are almost all broken so nothing is really holding my door panel against the door itself so it just vibrates and i cant take it anymore. Someone must have had this problem before, IM HOPING someone can help me ive been dealing with this for about a year (serious) heres pics of what im talking about. Went to the dealership they said the bottom piece (in the pic) is a part of the door so if i want to get new ones i got to buy a new door panel with unbroken pieces here is the picture. Looking for the bottom piece or a solution

· Loose female member
4,686 Posts
You can purchase the clips seperatly.
The last lot I picked up from ebay.
Try searching vw panel clips or something along those lines.
Either that or a dorr from a scrap yard to replace the one you have.

· Registered
2004 GLS 1.8T
12,195 Posts
The clips (the upper part in the picture) are intended to be an expendable item. It's fairly normal to break one or two taking the panel off. I just picked up a few at the dealer before working on the door panel. The lower part in the picture is supposed to stay on the door; I'd try a little hot-melt glue and see if it'll stay (rough up the plastic first).

Replacement door cards are fiendishly expensive new, and usually pretty shoddy from the salvage yard.

· RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,277 Posts
MEANDI, two things...
1. bumping a thread that is less than an hour old is poor form here.
2. surely you don't think that your problem is so horrible that you had to title it with "SERIOUS HELP!!! Door vibrating out of control. CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE [PICS]"?

· Registered
1,014 Posts
I'd use a strong epoxy to rebuild the door cards...something with a PSI of 1200 or more. Try Gorilla 2 part stuff. Just dont' use single-part epoxy...it's more than often crap.

You'd be amazed what you can do with good epoxy. ;)

edit: You can also fix broken tabs on tail lights with it, too. Just make sure the temp ranges are good.

AJ

· Mr. Bieber 1st place WaterFest 17
4,601 Posts
Serious help?

How bout you heck that the door screws are attached behind the handle and that the 2 torx bolts are on the bottom of the door, you dont need those damn clips to secure your door from vibrating.

Sounded to me like your door was falling off from the title. Use you brain for a minute. Glue does exist...

· Banned
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
First off thanks to the people that tried to help but my issue is with the fact I'm missing some of the door cards so I can't just glue them back on. And 2nd to the moderator ur supposed to moderate the thread not nit pick how someone's title is if they want help. If they were cussing in it then I can understand you would say something but i worded my title different than another person doesn't mean I need to be reprimanded. We all have different backgrounds and this is my speech. So if I understand correctly ur being prejudice

I guess there is nothing more that I can do unless I want to buy a door panel which I don't because it's extremely expensive. Thanks for the help anyways guys. Wish I could find those door cards somewhere even though i know they are attached to the door panel itself

· Registered
2004 GLS 1.8T
12,195 Posts
Wish I could find those door cards somewhere even though i know they are attached to the door panel itself
Just so you know, "card" and "panel" are used pretty much interchangeably. Both refer to the entire fiber piece that covers the interior of the door. "Card" probably comes from "cardboard." VW calls them "door trim panels."

If you're missing the part the clip goes onto, yes, that's part of the door card - and it's pretty unusual for them to come off. Since they're not under a lot of stress, you could harvest them from even a ruined junkyard door trim panel, and bond them as described above. Then remove the panel carefully (there's even a tool to do so) if you ever have to do so again.

· Mr. Bieber 1st place WaterFest 17
4,601 Posts
so just go to a junk yard and break them off? Can i even do that. Referring to the picture above im talking about breaking off the piece that is on the bottom of the pic
They slide out, Mine come out all the time when removing the panel. Easily go back in.

Or just go break em off and GLUE them. Its a money saver and will work just as good as buying a new one.

· Registered
751 Posts
I don't understand how it could possibly be rattling if you have it installed correctly, and screwed in. Also, Jay's right. Don't bump your post after one hour. Many of us that get up very early sure wouldn't be reading your post that late.

· Banned
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
IN THE PICTURE: the bottom piece is what im talking about. That broke off the door panel in the picture you can see the right side its broken. About 4 of those have completely broken off and no where to be found. thats why my door is vibrating for over a year because there is nothing holding the door around the middle or the bottom because they have broken off. I guess i can just go to a junk yard and break them off not sure how they can charge me though

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.