Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, i say 'semi' because ive been lurkin around this site to learn the ins and outs of the site, but what ive seen i love :bow:

As of right now i dont own a B5 yet, but i am workin on purchasing one from my brother. Its a maroon(dont know the exact name) 1999 1.8t w/ the tiptronic transmission(i think) it has an automatic but it has the + - shifting. Only real mod so far done it is a set of Mille Miligia(sp?) rims, its in need of a fierce drop :)

i currently have a gutless 1996 Geo Prizm, which is a knock off of a toyota corolla of the same year. heres a pic.

And commin from the jap import boards to this one is like night and day, theres alot more respect and maturity here, which is a great change. Its a whole different world than the japan scene, you're not into oogly mods like obnoxious body kits and wings. :roll: Every B5 ive seen on the board is tasteful and gorgeous. I recent bought a EuroTuner mag just to get an idea of whats out there for aftermarket support, and found a couple sites
newdimensions.com and another i cant remember.

The first thing id like to do is add a boost gauge,and ive searched the board high and low but cant find a write up. A point in the right direction would be super!

Sorry for the long-ass post, but wanted to explain myself
:back to lurking: :suspicio:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, its that color in the pic :thumbup:

Another reason im wantin to get the passat is because its in my price range and my current car has no power options, meaning power locks, power windows or a sunroof. I want all 3,and ive had my current car for 4 years and its nearing 100k. Although i love the gas mileage i can get outta the monstrous 105hp 4cyl :lol: and im bored w/ the "jap import scene" :thumbdow: ive kinda grown up i guess even though im 24.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
HAHA, hurry up and get the car. The Fart can on the Prizm is great and all but u'll enjoy the feel of the B5 much better, lol . . . this is kinda funny b/c a friend of mine has a geo prizm and i let him drive my car today... He want's to sell his now and grab a B5. But welcom to the Club my friend and hurry up and grab that Dub (volkswagen) :thumbup:

Cam

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Wilkommen to der Klub and we appreciate your compliments about there being ...
alot more respect and maturity here, which is a great change.
We do slip into tantrums and name calling every now and again (usually in the OFF-TOPIC forum) but by and large we get along. And whatever you do, don't go near the GROUP BUY forum, hear? :lol:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found a pic of a members passat that has the same rims as my brothers. But his are 17s and my brothers are 16(too small?)

To recap, might be gettin a 1999 GLS 1.8t tiptronic w/ these rims

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rollininstyle2004 said:
Welcome :lol:
16s are to small for my taste, go big or go home :lol: :lol:
Id wait and see once you have the car and decide for youself which you like better.
Thats true but they are on the car already, so i cant really complain. Although i have seen alot of nice wheels on this site 17+, and the AMG rims are killer! :shock:

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
Hey Bro, welcome to the club :b5: , hope you get yours really soon, we have a lot of fun with our Get together here in the NW and this wonderful place call Club :b5: :thumbup: . Even so the rims are 16's on your futur :b5: , at least you will have rims oon it to start, and room for growth. If you plan on lowering the car, the 16's will look better with the drop :thumbup: . Good luck and see you soon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.