Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are getting rid of our 2001 Passat, probably by selling it to CarMax (we've been told that you get more for your car here than by trading it in, which is what we were going to do).

The car has alloy wheels and a CD changer. I kind of want the nicer wheels for my 98 Passat, so I thought about swapping them with my steel wheels. I thought maybe we could sell the changer here. Do you think this will hurt the value of the car when we go to sell it?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. We're selling the 2001 because it's too much trouble than it's worth. We've had to replace the airbags multiple times, the catalytic converter, the coolant temperature sender, and on and on and on. The $%&@ check engine light keeps coming on, and useless VW dealers keep replacing various parts on the car without evidently fixing anything. Our 98, by contrast, has been reasonably reliable, so I think this one is just a big fat lemon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.