Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Whats Up Doc
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if these are made for our cars as a full kit??

I have seen some self leveling lights that have been modded and installed but I am looking for the whole you got everything you need in this box and just have to install them experience with this.... if you know what I mean:thumbup:

thanks in advance!:salute:

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,312 Posts
Patrick...you looking for brand- new-out-of-box- ready- to-be-plugged-in (aka $$$), or used?

Now how did I know your name? :lol: :poke:

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
Not for the B5 that I know of, I'm guessing it would be possible to use the system of the b5.5, you need the Computer, the two angle sensors, the headlight motors and wiring. I'm not sure if EU cars had auto level on the B5 or if they just had the manual switch next to the the dimmer switch, I know that the is a guy from MN that did this conversion to his B5.5

·
Confused
3,557 Posts
Out of the box, your B5.5 options are:

1) W8 Euro HID (plug and play)
2) W8 US HID (needs a pin converter kit)

Do a search and you'll find more detail on what I mean. If you have a B5, you'll be pretty limited. Good luck!

·
Registered
11,873 Posts

1) W8 Euro HID (plug and play)

Do a search and you'll find more detail on what I mean. If you have a B5, you'll be pretty limited. Good luck!
First he has a B5, second, there is more to the auto level then just the headlights.

Patrick,for about 500 in parts I'm guessing you could do, find the motor for the headlights would the biggest issue,

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,312 Posts

This is the route I went...pin converter from ECS and the write up from SouperSport. I got the lights for a steal from VitaminB5 for $500....that DID NOT include ANY leveler. You can guesstimate modding options from there.

Edit...just saw you have a B5. Got nothin' for you bro.

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
This is the route I went...pin converter from ECS and the write up from SouperSport. I got the lights for a steal from VitaminB5 for $500....that DID NOT include ANY leveler. You can guesstimate modding options from there.

Edit...just saw you have a B5. Got nothin' for you bro.

But your headlights don't dip when you start them do they.

·
Whats Up Doc
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Patrick...you looking for brand- new-out-of-box- ready- to-be-plugged-in (aka $$$), or used?

Now how did I know your name? :lol: :poke:

Scott.. I wouldn't have a clue:poke:

and brand new or used... if it were avail. I am trying to get a price so I know what my options are.... if you know what I mean

my intent was to not go completely crazy with some shoot from the hip fabrication... anyhow... I see that I may be fighting a loosing battle and may have to go with the plain jane conversion kit :(

Thanks for the insight guys!

·
Whats Up Doc
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a FYI ECS has a kit.... but I would have to sell a kidney to get it lol

·
Registered
175 Posts
For B5.5, the leveling motors are already built into the Euro and US W8 Bixenons, as they are integrated into the manual adjustment mechanism. (in other words, when you manually aim the bixenons, you are actually shifting the leveling motors up or down in their mounts inside the headlight)

You need the wiring harness from Kufatec.de, the the leveling sensor and mounting bracket for the front left suspension, the leveling sensor and mounting bracket for the rear left suspension, and the leveling computer, which is mounted in the left rear of the car next to the rack where the factory cd changer/first aid kit goes. The kit is definitely worth it--it's pretty cool seeing the headlights self adjust when you start the car. The wiring can be a pain to run and connect to all the locations under the dash.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Cheapest way might be: aftermarket headlights which has place for levelling motors, HID-kit and levelling kit from Hella

Or try to find from ebay oem xenon headlights and install Levelling kit from Hella

·
Fore!
1,564 Posts
I have installed the Ecode HIDs and a used leveling kit on my B5.5. The install is not too hard except for finding the predrilled holes on the underside of the body that you have to attach the rear leveling sensor to.

If you buy a sensor/computer kit for the B5 which is meant for a B5.5, you better make sure that the computer can talk to your car before you buy it, and if you buy different components from different sources (motors, computer, sensors) make sure they all can talk to each other.

Also I do not know if there are predrilled holes in the body of the B5 for the sensors, so you might have to drill holes for mounting.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts