Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the b5.5 this week and sorted tyres and did the front brake pads ( nice and straightforward) I have read that the Passat doesn’t do anything really well but I feel that the reason I like it is it feels non flaky / solid and strong and durable which I need at this stage except maybe door locks🤔 and bad roads aren’t much fun in it either

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought the b5.5 in March last year, had to replace rear passenger side lock, as it siezed the door shut, and that was a mechanic job. They told me later, they ended dropping the glass and breaking it, so I had to come a day later to collect the car. The driver side rear door is starting to exibit similar problems, so I'm guessing it will need replacing soon.
Also, beware of the water building up under the battery. Apart from that, it's a steady, no frills car that will go on for years.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Snap !!! My passenger side front door is seized shut and so is the rear on same side!! Very irritating ! I checked under battery and It looked ok , but I scratched my head at The lack of a cover over the cabin filter as it seems to rely on the cover that seals along the whole firewall for protection ?? Odd !! No wonder they take in water ! Anyway I think I’ve found a car I can live with for a few years I must be getting old

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.